Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #221
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Many thanks to omgpuppies for sending me the information for Our League teams in B250. The Shasta Black Bears hold the lead with a limited schedule thus far, but also have the heaviest slate going forward. It's definitely still a wide open race;

Remaining games:

Shasta - 5 home, 2 away
Aina Haina - 2 home, 2 away
Palolo - 3 away
Cooper has completed their Our League schedule

The standings:

Not blaming anyone, are we gonna get any updates besides this one lone update this week?
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #222
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Not blaming anyone, are we gonna get any updates besides this one lone update this week?
I just sent Stanley the final standings. He should be posting them shortly.

Last edited by OMGPuppies; 04-05-2019 at 10:13 PM.
OMGPuppies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #223
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenciox View Post
Hi, Charlaton, it will be good to have you.... You are my nemesis this season as we compete for to win the division (I am Battery Point Knuckleheads). Good luck to you!
We're having a good time fighting each other for 1st in the division. I am pretty sure whoever doesn't win the division will end up being a wild card.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:26 AM   #224
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Palolo First to the Finish Line

Due to the initial sorting of PT's entry leagues, and the vagaries of the Friends List application, only four Our League teams joined the battle in B250, but a strongly pitched battle it was. Just one match-up, with the Palolo Pit Bulls taking 4-of-6 games from the Shasta Black Bears, separated the teams in the end. Palolo rode the crest of that winning wave to claim the first of this season's three Our League crowns.

Every other head-to-head resulted in a split. The Pit Bulls went 3-3 against the Cooper Gutter Cats, while the Black Bears equally shared four games with the Aina Haina Parakeets. Cooper and Aina Haina also finished at 2-2.

Since I don't have access to the box scores or game logs, the competitors in B250 are invited to post a Best of Today's Sim (or more).

The (first) final standings:
Attached Images
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:35 AM   #225
SodoMojo
Minors (Double A)

FYI NerdysauceF2P's team should be compliant for the next go around. Spoke with him the other day.

Enjoying the league thus far and appreciate the effort put in by you guys to update us with the standings.
SodoMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:03 AM   #226
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

A Small Favor

Going forward, in deference to my aging eyesight, I would ask that people consider using distinctive logos in PT, as most already do. The game generated logos tend to get visually confusing as I scan the schedules. For example, in Silver Our League, there were two teams that had very similar logos to other non-Our League teams. I have attached a couple of logos here to give you the idea. If you'd like to use them, you should be able to just copy and paste them to your desktop and select them into the game from there. I'm also re-posting one from PT 19 for a team that has come over to 2.0. I'd be happy to help out, but in looking at some of our other teams, there are people far more skilled and artistic than I am. Thanks for your indulgence of this old timer.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-06-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:53 AM   #227
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Just Two Teams Left in I188 Our League Race

In late games, Mudville slipped back into a tie with Asheboro, while Stephensville and Arkham, though eliminated, could have a lot to say about how things go. Battery Point, Daytona Beach, and Waffletown, the AC East contingent of Our League, have finished their league games, and must now wait 'til next year (week).

Left to play:

Asheboro - 3 at Mudville, 3 home with Arkham
Mudville - 3 at Stephensville, 3 home with Asheboro
Stephensville - 3 home with Mudville
Arkham - 3 at Asheboro

The standings
Attached Images
Old 04-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #228
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

do the prognosticators know something that I don't?

Leading the division by 3 games going into the final month; and my opponents winning percentage is lower than that of the teams the second place rival will face.... yet I'm predicted to have a playoff chance of 0% while the 2nd place team is 100%
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #229
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post

Leading the division by 3 games going into the final month; and my opponents winning percentage is lower than that of the teams the second place rival will face.... yet I'm predicted to have a playoff chance of 0% while the 2nd place team is 100%
That's interesting. Note that if you look at the expected column it seems your team has over performed so far and the second place team has underperformed. Maybe the prediction assumes things will start reverting to expected?

On an unrelated note, the Leesburg Llamas is my packs-only team. They aren't in the league but the player quality is not great so you have a good chance at beating them (inexplicably, my pitching staff has been having a great year, with 71OVR Law and 66OVR Urias leading the way).

I just checked the screen out and I'm seeing different numbers for you:
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-06-2019 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:30 AM   #230
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Campbell's Late Fusilade of Singles Wins Title

The second Our League champion has been crowned as the Campbell Gunners won their final game with a late rally against the Kaneohe Mokes to clinch by a half-game over the idle Seattle Pilots. The Pilots won 3 of their last 4 Our League games, also against the Mokes, to give themselves an opening, but were reduced to spectator status when the end came.

Best of Today's Sim (BOTS)

With the Our League championship at stake, the Gunners used small arms fire against Kaneohe in the last skirmish of the Our League season. With the game tied, 1-1, and one-out in the home 8th, Paul Lo Duca singled. A Steve Sax safety sent him to second. When Edgar Renteria's bouncer up the middle died quickly in the outfield grass, Lo Duca managed to chug home with the difference maker. Bill Madlock and Tony Oliva followed that with run-producing singles to make the final, 4-1. Jeff Montgomery calmly pitched a tidy 1-2-3 ninth to set off the celebration.

The Final Standings:
Attached Images

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-06-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:31 AM   #231
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
That's interesting. Note that if you look at the expected column it seems your team has over performed so far and the second place team has underperformed. Maybe the prediction assumes things will start reverting to expected?

On an unrelated note, the Leesburg Llamas is my packs-only team. They aren't in the league but the player quality is not great so you have a good chance at beating them (inexplicably, my pitching staff has been having a great year, with 71OVR Law and 66OVR Urias leading the way).

I just checked the screen out and I'm seeing different numbers for you:

definitely odd.... just logged out/back in and still show a 0% chance for my boys.... ah well.... they've been underestimating my bunch o' scrubs all season, so why not down the stretch?
Old 04-06-2019, 10:14 AM   #232
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Say Hey! Rustlers to Debut With Mays on Board and New Logo

Just blew nearly all my remaining budget on a '60 Willie Mays, the greatest player ever, and couldn't be happier, even though I'll probably pay for it with the lost upgrade opportunities for the Terra Incognita Rustlers when they begin Our League play. Still have a Giancarlo Stanton (whoever he is) to sell off tomorrow to recoup a little. With three teams, I do not have repeat players across the rosters, save for the Say Hey Kid exception. The Port Ruppert Mundys have the '73 Mays in center versus lefties, and he will stay there until I can replace him with another.

The new team logo:
Attached Images
Old 04-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #233
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Just blew nearly all my remaining budget on a '60 Willie Mays, the greatest player ever, and couldn't be happier, even though I'll probably pay for it with the lost upgrade opportunities for the Terra Incognita Rustlers when they begin Our League play. Still have a Giancarlo Stanton (whoever he is) to sell off tomorrow to recoup a little. With three teams, I do not have repeat players across the rosters, save for the Say Hey Kid exception. The Port Ruppert Mundys have the '73 Mays in center versus lefties, and he will stay there until I can replace him with another.

The new team logo:

Greatest? Debateable with Wagner,Ruth,Gehrig,Cobb,Lajoie and many others maybe in the discussion but he's top 10 all time for sure. One of the best ever.
Attached Images
mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #234
Charlatan
All Star Starter

FYI, the Annandale Atom Smashers (currently in Iron 188) have a compliant roster and should be good to join the league next season! Even my reserve roster is compliant so I don't accidentally try to activate a live card.

Last edited by Charlatan; 04-06-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #235
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl jason View Post

I your remaining schedule that much tougher? They have absolutely no faith in you. Ha.
Old 04-06-2019, 01:33 PM   #236
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

"It looked extremely rocky for the Mudville nine..."

Asheboro took the first two from Mudville, but the Muffins pulled a "W" from the oven in game three to continue the suspense into the last two series of the Our League I188 season. The Road Dogs have taken over first place alone, and will entertain the Arkham Horrors, against whom they are 3-1. Mudville will visit the Stephensville Bears, whom they have handled to the tune of a 10-6 record. Because of the unbalanced Our League schedule, wining percentage determines the champion, and that lends itself to interesting permutations.

The simplest - if Asheboro sweeps, or takes 2-of-3, the Bears capture the flag. If Asheboro loses two, Mudville prevails with a sweep or 2-of-3. In a deliciously ironic turn, if both teams fall flat, the Muffins would finish at .527, while the Bears would end up at .524, .003 behind.

Last edited by Stanley Kuppchaser; 04-06-2019 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:45 PM   #237
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Wish I was More Tech Savvy

Just took a break from working on taxes to see how things were going in Our League I188. Mudville took the first game from Stephensville, so the race tightens. Wish I knew the discord thing was all about.

Gotta get ready for band practice. Hope the race is still going when I check in at six. By the way, has the meaning of discord changed in the new millennium? I thought it was a negative thing. I'd say something about how things have changed with the younger folks, but I don't want to sow the seeds of discor...I can't finish it.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #238
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just took a break from working on taxes to see how things were going in Our League I188. Mudville took the first game from Stephensville, so the race tightens. Wish I knew the discord thing was all about.

Gotta get ready for band practice. Hope the race is still going when I check in at six. By the way, has the meaning of discord changed in the new millennium? I thought it was a negative thing. I'd say something about how things have changed with the younger folks, but I don't want to sow the seeds of discor...I can't finish it.

think of discord as a modern day version of the old bbs boards of the 80s/90s.... just a place on the net to chat about whatever the topic of that room happens to be....

Syrups didn't do too well against the internal group here, but they've managed to play well above predictions in the Iron-188 league overall (+9 pythag... best in the league).... magic number down to 13 games.... here's hoping they can keep up the pace
Old 04-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #239
Bottom Of The Sixth
All Star Starter

Sorry, I'm old school.

Instead of having a Discord Channel, I would think that more we talk here, the more active this thread will be.

The more active this thread, the better the chances will be for other PT guys to see it and hopefully it will attract more PT members and more teams to Our League!

Last edited by Bottom Of The Sixth; 04-06-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Bottom Of The Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:22 PM   #240
OMGPuppies
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom Of The Sixth View Post
Sorry, I'm old school.

Instead of having a Discord Channel, I would think that more we talk here, the more active this thread will be.

The more active this thread, the better the chances will be for other PT guys to see it and hopefully it will attract more PT members and more teams to Our League!
We can do both,