Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 03-18-2019, 12:56 AM   #101
Lawn Loaf
Banned

Infractions: 0/1 (3)
I have no problems viewing your stadiums in 3D, just have to adjust the camera angles to my preference. Keep up this awesome work!
Lawn Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #102
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
Quick programming note - since I did the Sudbury stadium I think I've figured out a better way do do the backgrounds. I'm going to go back through and change out all of the backgrounds on the stadiums I've already made, so this thread may be a little quiet for the next few weeks. I'm also going to change some camera angles, etc. I'll update the first page of the topic when I complete stadiums, so feel free to watch there for updates.
Well, it turns out it wasn't a couple of weeks... but a couple of days... because the day I was planning to spend playing the ootpxx beta turned into a day of stadium rebuilding.

All of the Canada and US zip files have been updated with the new backgrounds. It's now one single image instead of three separate images. This helps in two ways. First, it looks a lot cleaner as a background - Brandon is probably the clearest example of this.

Three separate images

one whole image

(note - this isn't the real camera angle. I just put it up high enough to show what it looked like)

Second, you can easily replace the skyline with a similar sized file of your own.

That's right, you can easily change the background on all the stadiums, making them almost completely customizable!

The files on the front page and the new zip files in the individual posts all link to the single background files. The original files all link to the three picture files, if you preferred those backgrounds.

Happy modding everyone!

(also, jparker, I haven't had a chance to look at your issue yet. I will soon.)

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-20-2019 at 07:46 AM.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:01 AM   #103
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

FYI: The following files do not download properly:
Attached Images
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:45 AM   #104
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
FYI: The following files do not download properly:
Thanks for noticing that Pstrickert. It should be fixed now.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #105
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Coquitlam, BC - Mundy Park

I figured that I needed another ballpark in British Columbia, and after poking around a bit more, it seems like Coquitlam has a long and thriving junior baseball program. With that in mind, I took their little league park and turned it into a convertible roof stadium.

The park is pretty pitcher friendly - if you ever do a BC league with these stadiums, expect NL West style gaps between Kamloops and Kelowna and all the Vancouver/Victoria stadiums.

Zip file can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 03-22-2019, 09:24 AM   #106
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Longueuil, QC - Parc Paul-Pratt

I decided I wanted to do a few more parks in Quebec, so I started out with Longueuil. The field has a lot of pretty straight lines and a shorter left field, so I decided to make a green monsteresque wall in right - and decided to include the videoboard in the wall.

The park is very righty friendly and death to left handed batters. Overall it's pretty pitcher friendly.

Park factors

Day

Night

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-23-2019 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:24 PM   #107
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
I decided I wanted to do a few more parks in Quebec, so I started out with Longueuil. The field has a lot of pretty straight lines and a shorter left field, so I decided to make a green monsteresque wall in right - and decided to include the videoboard in the wall.

The park is very righty friendly and death to left handed batters. Overall it's pretty pitcher friendly.

Park factors

Day

Night

Really cool park. Why do you have 2 sets of factors?
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 12:59 AM   #108
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Gatineau, QC - Parc Sanscartier

Again, one of the fun parts of the stadium work is finding out about random facts - like the 2000-2006 reorganization of municipalities in Quebec. Apparently during this period of Quebec history, a large number of municipalities (including all of the areas I've worked on so far) merged with smaller surrounding municipalities. One of those mergers happened across the river from Ottawa. Five municipalities (Aylmer, Buckingham, Hull, Gatineau, and Masson-Angers) merged into the city that became Gatineau. In honor of the history of area (as a center of timber) and the five cities, I put five trees in center and five stumps with axes in left and right field.

The park is relatively pitcher friendly, and hard on left handed hitters.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 03-23-2019, 01:02 AM   #109
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Really cool park. Why do you have 2 sets of factors?
I mispasted the link from imgur. Should be fixed now. Thanks Game.
Old 03-25-2019, 12:44 AM   #110
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Brantford, ON - Arnold Anderson Stadium

Brantford is the last of the Intercounty Baseball League stadiums in Ontario. I figured it would be nice to complete the set. The actual stadium is set in a residential neighborhood - hence the Green Monsteresque wall in left (I swear I'm not only making stadiums that imitate Fenway.)

The park is pretty neutral overall - harder on lefties than righties.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 03-26-2019, 06:52 PM   #111
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quick cosmetic note - I updated all of the US stadiums to include 3d crowds. I'll work through the rest of the stadiums in the next couple of days.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:13 AM   #112
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

All of the "new" zip files should now have 3d crowds, including the old wooden ballpark and Sydney Blue Sox stadium.
Old 03-31-2019, 04:13 AM   #113
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

York, Toronto, ON - Keelsdale Park

I'm working on building out a few more stadiums (I think about six more) for my Canadian league. The first is a stadium for the former city of York. The park is based on a public park in the northwest corner of the city, and is a pretty straightforward design.

The stadium plays relatively pitcher friendly, although a little more home run friendly than average.

Park factors

Day

Night

Old 04-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #114
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Toronto, ON - Dominico Field

Toronto is home to one of the Intercounty Baseball League teams. They play in Christie Pits, a park with sloping hills and lots of ball fields. The actual field is named after the longtime owners of the IBL team, Jack and Lynne Dominico.

The park plays relatively pitcher friendly.

Zip File can be found here

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 04-02-2019, 01:50 AM   #115
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Vaughan, ON - Concord Thornhill Field

Vaughan is one of the larger suburbs of Toronto and the 17th largest city in Canada. The outline I took for the field is based on a public park in the southeast corner of the city, so I decided to keep some of the public park and pool feel in left field, including a berm audiences can sit on.

The park is relatively pitcher friendly and plays equally for lefties and righties.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 04-02-2019, 10:08 AM   #116
drksd4848
All Star Starter

Looks like you were able to put the 3D crowds in. Nice
drksd4848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:43 PM   #117
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Burlington, ON - Nelson Park

Finishing off the GTA stadiums, we have Nelson Park, the home of the IBL team in Burlington the last few years. The stadium has a very boxy feel to it, so I decided to turn it into a jewel box style stadium that had been renovated a bit.

The stadium is pretty small, so it plays pretty homer friendly.

Park factors

Day

Night

Old 04-03-2019, 11:19 AM   #118
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Peterborough, ON - James Stevenson Field

The last Ontario park (for this round) is in Peterborough. The actual field is pretty close to a river in right field, hence the shorter corner in right.

The park is very friendly to left handed batters and pretty hitter friendly, especially for a Canadian park.

Park Factors

Day

Night

Old 04-03-2019, 11:20 AM   #119
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Also, as a programming note - Peterborough finishes up the planned Canadian stadiums I have, and I think I'm going to take a break for a while from stadium making. Thanks everyone joining along in the ride so far!
Old 04-18-2019, 01:37 PM   #120
christophermichaels
Minors (Double A)

Requesting AAA stadiums

EDIT: I filled out the Google forms for AAA stadiums...but I actually have come to realize that what I am seeking may not be something you're interested in completing. That's okay. Your the proprietor; I'm the freeloader. Having said that, if you are interested in what I'm about to ask, I would be happy to help in whatever way I can (I have zero design skills for this venture, mind you).

So, I want all AAA stadiums in their naked glory. Nothing more than what they currently are. I don't want them to seat MLB-sized audiences. I want the intimacy that comes with minor league baseball. Many of your stadiums are truly breathtaking and would be an excellent place to start for completing this process. Thus far, I have 3 and 1/2 authentic MiLB stadiums I have drawn from other sources on these forums. I say 3 and 1/2 because I am including a lovely rendition of Cashman Field, which is not currently in use for baseball because the Las Vegas Aviators moved into their new ballpark this season.

So...for completed AAA stadiums, I have found the following:

Chuckhansi Park
McCoy Stadium
Raley Field

This is a huge ask...and I quite understand a polite "no thanks." So before I resubmit any Google forms and waste your time, I was hoping to hear from you to get your temperature on this request. Regardless of what you decide, I think you do exceptional work. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by christophermichaels; 04-19-2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Change of request
christophermichaels is offline   Reply With Quote