Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - General Discussions

OOTP 20 - General Discussions Everything about the newest version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #361
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
Nothing has changed there.

So it is possible, just like in 2019, but requires a lot of manual work to do.
Is there somewhere that the work involved is mapped out?
Old 03-19-2019, 06:30 PM   #362
itsmb8
All Star Starter

One thing I'd like to see appear in a patch or in future games is a Player to be Named Later with trades. IDK how it'd be added, but id like to see it.

Of course, a Future's Game and Minor League Spring Training I'd like to see too.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:04 PM   #363
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

I know it’s a subtle thing but one of my favorite changes is being able to edit day to day roster stuff as only the GM. Last year, those boxes were grayed ouy and defaulted to the manager.

I know it’s probably not ultra realistic but I enjoy just being the GM and being able to set lineups, rotation and bullpen. That small change has been huge. I no longer have to be the GM & Manager and pretend my bench coach is the actual manager for realism. Not too often a GM is also the manager in today’s MLB.
thesmokeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:01 AM   #364
Mat
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokeshow View Post
I know it’s a subtle thing but one of my favorite changes is being able to edit day to day roster stuff as only the GM. Last year, those boxes were grayed ouy and defaulted to the manager.

I know it’s probably not ultra realistic but I enjoy just being the GM and being able to set lineups, rotation and bullpen. That small change has been huge. I no longer have to be the GM & Manager and pretend my bench coach is the actual manager for realism. Not too often a GM is also the manager in today’s MLB.
This has been possible for awhile.

Check your managers reputation. If it is low, you can probably change most things.

If it is legendary manager, you will have limited options available.

You can go to Game Settings > tick GM Legacy Mode and this will allow you to change linups, etc no matter the managers reputation.
Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #365
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
This has been possible for awhile.

Check your managers reputation. If it is low, you can probably change most things.

If it is legendary manager, you will have limited options available.

You can go to Game Settings > tick GM Legacy Mode and this will allow you to change linups, etc no matter the managers reputation.
Wasn’t aware of legacy mode last year. I put in hundreds of hours not knowing that. Oh well. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:13 AM   #366
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
One thing I'd like to see appear in a patch or in future games is a Player to be Named Later with trades. IDK how it'd be added, but id like to see it.

Of course, a Future's Game and Minor League Spring Training I'd like to see too.
So, regarding PTBNLs, that's.... tricky. There are basically two reasons why teams do them:

1. You're trading a guy you don't particularly care about for... someone from another team. You aren't particularly sure who you want so the other team gives you a short list you can choose from, and then gives you a couple months to scout them / see if they suddenly start hitting or something.

2. You're trading for a player who can't be traded right now because they're on the IR or they were drafted less than a year ago. For the latter, IIRC PTNBLs have to be resolved within 6 months so you can't do a literal draft day trade; still, you could theoretically deal for a guy who was drafted and signed in June in January, then use the PTNBL rules to get him on your roster once the year has passed.

It would not be easy, I don't think, to add either of those, in no small part because both are kind of "gentleman's agreements". In the first case, if a non-prospect really starts playing super-well, the original team could always say "nah, this guy is off-limits now". Those moves are more for organizational depth than anything else ("we need a backup catcher in AAA and we don't want to call up a guy at this point; let's trade with Cleveland and let them grab a AAA 5th OFer or backup third baseman when they have similar injury/performance concerns"). The second case is, well, teams getting around the spirit of the rules.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #367
Cobby
Minors (Triple A)

Conjuring Cobb

While I've been waiting for 20, I've been playing around with 19 trying to see if I can come up with some method or settings that allows for a few more fictional legendary players while still keeping overall league totals close to RL history. (most of my fictional leagues have been flat - especially in the dead ball era - and I've never gotten close to having a fictional player similar to Ty Cobb or even Honus Wagner) (not to mention Babe Ruth...)

I still haven't found the magic combination yet, but it occurs to me that I ought to ask if anything that might bear on this has changed in 20.

Or can I continue to play around with settings in 19 and expect that whatever I come up with will work the same in 20?

Last edited by Cobby; 03-20-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Cobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 09:50 PM   #368
thesmokeshow
Minors (Double A)

Am I correct to assume that prospects drafted in that same season do not show up in the top 200 ranked prospects until the following season now?

If so, I really love that small tweak. That is how it’s done in real life. I always thought ranking them right away was unrealistic. It wasn’t a huge deal but it’s the little things why OOTP is unrivaled from a realism standpoint.

I have only ran one offseason so if someone could confirm one way or another, I’d appreciate it.

Big thanks to the developers for the work done to this years game. Looking forward to hundreds of hours of baseball heaven.
Old 03-20-2019, 11:53 PM   #369
Dark Horse
Hall Of Famer

In Game Editor

i found this in the In Game Editor help screen.

Quote:
Test views:
these views simulate various elements of the in-game 3D mode

Switch Team: switches the batting and fielding team in the test mode
Enter Field: shows the fielding team running out onto the field at the start of an inning
Outfield Catch: shows a fly ball being hit and caught in the outfield
Homerun: shows a home run leaving the ballpark and the batter circling the bases
Leave Field: shows the fielding team returning to the dugout at the end of an inning
Will we be getting these?

A Justafan Fan

LBA Geo Bahn Rock Hounds

fan of the ISLANDIAN PRO ALLIANCE
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:52 AM   #370
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
One of the very small new features I like is the ...

Division Standings graphical widget available on my manger screen.

A nice touch
Sweed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 04:08 PM   #371
clamel
All Star Starter

Opener/Followers

How prepared is the AI on this new strategy. It's not only as the old using of 3-4 relievers as some team in the past had to do, when their starting pitchers was too tired.
Now the strategy even got a name openers/followers. The extreem is also now that the opener just do 1 inning (even 1 batter) sometimes I understand.

So for this openers/followers to work good I read some articles and this one from MLB website looked fine to start with. But the complex in it I started to wonder how the AI is programmed to deal with this ? It's not like a normal rotation and should we have settings (and AI extra help) on how the other team that goes to bat looks like. Taking Romos example is what's on my mind. Faciing no lefties to have max outcome.

So how deep will the AI go using it the supposed correct way, if there really is a correct way.

Would be very happy if some pointed out how the AI work out this. I have the impression that it's kind of no-brainer and just used or not by the AI without any thought on these finer details. Must be very hard to program this kind to work as it was intended to do.

https://www.mlb.com/news/who-will-fo...ner-c277690164

Sorry I know I put this first in a separte thread but it got lost and I think this new feature should be better explained, at least what to expect from the AI.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:38 PM   #372
aks62
Major Leagues

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but how do you assign a player's backup position? Also, can you only do this if you're a manager (as opposed to a GM)?
aks62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:36 PM   #373
sabrtoothtiger
Minors (Double A)

is there anyway to get the ability to trade international amateur money?
sabrtoothtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 11:21 AM   #374
fromtheshadows
Bat Boy

3 PT accounts

Hi,

It really is a hassle to log out and log in to 3 different accounts for PT, is there a way to see the three listed on the home screen? (they're all on my license of course)

Thanks!
fromtheshadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 11:01 AM   #375
jspell7575
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesmokeshow View Post
Am I correct to assume that prospects drafted in that same season do not show up in the top 200 ranked prospects until the following season now?

If so, I really love that small tweak. That is how it’s done in real life. I always thought ranking them right away was unrealistic. It wasn’t a huge deal but it’s the little things why OOTP is unrivaled from a realism standpoint.

I have only ran one offseason so if someone could confirm one way or another, I’d appreciate it.

Big thanks to the developers for the work done to this years game. Looking forward to hundreds of hours of baseball heaven.
If you go into game settings, under report settings you can change the top prospect list from "annual" to "dynamic". Changing it to "dynamic" means that the list will change during the season--if a prospect starts heating up or a new draft pick comes into the fray, that change would happen on the prospect list.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:57 PM   #376
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Is there any ETA on an when an Opening Day update (or later) will be live? Planning to start a new 2019 game and want to wait for that.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:55 PM   #377
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Can bench/hitting/pitching coaches now get hired elsewhere as a manager before their contracts are up?
can all the historical coaches and managers and gms be imported?
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:46 PM   #378
Cornfed
Minors (Single A)

Is there a way to fix when making a fictional league in a Caribbean country to stop the game from making all the players Caucasian? I've set the default player origin to that country and it still does it. (Bahamas, and Jamaica) I know I can go in and change each players face type individually but I'd rather not have to do that over, and over again.
Cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:57 PM   #379
bluesguy
Minors (Single A)

hey all,
When will the feature to add PT Teams into the main game be activated?

thanks,
m
bluesguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #380
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No, not really. It's very complicated and only a tiny number of users actually use the feature, so it's not worth the time at the moment. Maybe that'll change in the future though.
Only a tiny number of players use feeder leagues because they're crude and not an efficient use of resources IMHO. Not because they're opposed to feeder leagues. Personally I love that stuff and would be all over it, but it just doesn't play out well IRL.

Also, and maybe this is covered somewhere else... but if I play this 'live' mode and a .260 hitter is off to a hot start IRL, he's going to be rated as a .335 hitter in the game? I can't be understanding that right.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote