Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 03-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #81
zappa1
All Star Starter

I echo everybody on this one. Great.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 12:35 PM   #82
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Obviously, my thanks goes out to you as well for these contributions and demonstration of your talents.

After reading that there are methods of alteration available, I'd like to further inquire about them. If any of these were desired to be adopted to a fictional league, but would require the removal of the names on the field or perhaps in some on the wall or signage, could that be done?
Yep. All you have to do edit/replace the files in the model's _Textures folder. As long as they're the same size as the original files they'll be fine.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #83
DreamTeams
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by endgame View Post
Obviously, my thanks goes out to you as well for these contributions and demonstration of your talents.

After reading that there are methods of alteration available, I'd like to further inquire about them. If any of these were desired to be adopted to a fictional league, but would require the removal of the names on the field or perhaps in some on the wall or signage, could that be done?

Absolutely. Almost everything found in each 3D park's texture file is editable (Walls, scoreboards, grass, etc.) What I love so much about eriqjaffe's parks is that the dugout roof is usually included in the texture folder. This makes for ease of editing and is important for branding a park to a fictional team. Of course, you can do a whole lot more if you know sketchup. I don't know much about how to use sketchup to add things, but I have learned how to use it to eliminate elements that can detract from a fictional team such as flags, ballpark names, etc. Here are some examples...
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 03-09-2019, 01:00 PM   #84
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Yep. All you have to do edit/replace the files in the model's _Textures folder. As long as they're the same size as the original files they'll be fine.
This is also good news! I didn't want to ask too many questions and think I was "undoing" all your hard work but I would love to adapt some for a fictional league as well when OOTP20 is out :P

Thanks again!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 11:54 AM   #85
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

One more follow up question! I am going to use some of these fantastic fictional stadiums you created for a fictional league I am going to make in OOTP20. I will use the US Bank Park for example. What if I want to change the name of the park? There are a few files inside the textures folder, my understanding I can change the graphics as long as I keep the same image dimensions. However what if I want to rename the park? Do I just do that in OOTP and leave all the files within the ballpark folder what you named it or?

So for further example you have a file called US_Bank_Stadium_logo. I am going to replace the image with a different stadium name... but do I leave the actual file "US_Bank_Stadium_logo" ? What if I change the name of the stadium in OOTP?

Thanks again eriqjaffe!
Old 03-12-2019, 02:38 PM   #86
micropterus58
All Star Starter

Hockey13Playa, change the name of the stadium in the game. Keep the original file names intact.
micropterus58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:42 PM   #87
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Coolray Field, home of the Gwinnett Stripers

Built in 2009, this symmetrical field sits basically in the middle of nowhere about 35 miles northeast of SunTrust Park. Nobody in the International League is closer to their parent club, although the PCL's Tacoma Rainiers are 9 miles closer to Seattle's T-Mobile Field. The asymmetrical roof gave me some trouble, but I think I got it well enough.

Some mixed use development is being added to the area, with the Views at Coolray Field luxury apartments beyond right field being the first construction.

Coolray Field is also home to Atlanta United's USL reserve club.

Download the model here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/295he...Field.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #88
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTeams View Post
Absolutely. Almost everything found in each 3D park's texture file is editable (Walls, scoreboards, grass, etc.) What I love so much about eriqjaffe's parks is that the dugout roof is usually included in the texture folder. This makes for ease of editing and is important for branding a park to a fictional team. Of course, you can do a whole lot more if you know sketchup. I don't know much about how to use sketchup to add things, but I have learned how to use it to eliminate elements that can detract from a fictional team such as flags, ballpark names, etc. Here are some examples...
Question. I tried replacing a simple ad texture assuming that if it was named the same and of the same resolution it would show up in the game. However it shows up all black in game. It was just a simple jpg that I opened in GIMP, swapped in the ad I wanted and exported it as a jpg (same filename and resolution). What am I missing?
Old 03-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #89
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Love how you add some 3D buildings in the scenery. I try to limit the size only parks (file size) so I don’t usually create those. Much better than using google earth though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2019, 05:49 PM   #90
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
Question. I tried replacing a simple ad texture assuming that if it was named the same and of the same resolution it would show up in the game. However it shows up all black in game. It was just a simple jpg that I opened in GIMP, swapped in the ad I wanted and exported it as a jpg (same filename and resolution). What am I missing?
As long as you overwrote the existing file it should show up. All black either means that OOTP can't find the texture file (so make sure it's in the park's _Textures folder and has the exact same name and format of the file you're trying to replace. So if the original is a png, make sure the new file is also a png.

The other usual cause for that is the texture isn't painted on both sides in SketchUp, but that means it would never have shown up in the first place.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:52 PM   #91
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Love how you add some 3D buildings in the scenery. I try to limit the size only parks (file size) so I don’t usually create those. Much better than using google earth though
Yeah, sometimes I find it it just makes more sense to model the buildings, or at least rough approximations of them - especially if they are essentially part of the park. Once in a while I can get lucky and find a pre-done building on the 3D Warehouse, too. The hardest part with those is usually the texture, because if I'm going to bother modeling the building I would rather not use a generic "brick building" texture if I can make something work from Google Street View.

The SketchUp files themselves don't get too much bigger. It's the OBJ files can get huge, although not always - BB&T Charlotte's OBJ file is 125mb, which is 5 times(!) larger than Coolray's . That's all text-based geometry, though, and they compresses way down when I zip the parks up. But the SketchUp files are only 8mb different. Go figure.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 03-12-2019 at 05:57 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 06:16 PM   #92
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, sometimes I find it it just makes more sense to model the buildings, or at least rough approximations of them - especially if they are essentially part of the park. Once in a while I can get lucky and find a pre-done building on the 3D Warehouse, too. The hardest part with those is usually the texture, because if I'm going to bother modeling the building I would rather not use a generic "brick building" texture if I can make something work from Google Street View.

The SketchUp files themselves don't get too much bigger. It's the OBJ files can get huge, although not always - BB&T Charlotte's OBJ file is 125mb, which is 5 times(!) larger than Coolray's . That's all text-based geometry, though, and they compresses way down when I zip the parks up. But the SketchUp files are only 8mb different. Go figure.
125 MB! Wow. That’s a testament to the detail you use. I think on average my parks run about 25MB zipped up (with 2D diagrams and everything else)

Old 03-12-2019, 10:22 PM   #93
bradleycchurch
Minors (Double A)

Awesome Work!! Love this Project!! Your stadiums are incredible
bradleycchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 11:36 PM   #94
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Curious what version of sketchup you guys use? Also what operating system are you on? I am no where near creative enough to create my own stadiums from scratch but I wanted to modify some either form the warehouse or found here that you made to fit my fictional team as all the elements that need modifying aren't in the texture folder, but man I dont know how to do any of this, and the web version seems to be the only free one?
Old 03-15-2019, 12:02 AM   #95
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

eriqjaffe's 3D Stadiums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa View Post
Curious what version of sketchup you guys use? Also what operating system are you on? I am no where near creative enough to create my own stadiums from scratch but I wanted to modify some either form the warehouse or found here that you made to fit my fictional team as all the elements that need modifying aren't in the texture folder, but man I dont know how to do any of this, and the web version seems to be the only free one?
If you want to get into stadiums you're going to want to grab the SketchUp make 2017 version. It's probably the last free version they are going to produce for desktop. You can find it here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions. After 30 days you'll need to download the obj exporter extension that eriqjaffe put in the Portland diamond project thread.

Also, I'll say that I started doing this in the first place because I wanted to modify eriqjaffe's Brooklyn stadium. There is a bit of a learning curve, but after you get used to using SketchUp I'd encourage you to try making your own stuff. It's pretty fun.

Also also, (because you asked) I personally am a PC guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-15-2019 at 12:05 AM.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:14 AM   #96
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
If you want to get into stadiums you're going to want to grab the SketchUp make 2017 version. It's probably the last free version they are going to produce for desktop. You can find it here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions. After 30 days you'll need to download the obj exporter extension that eriqjaffe put in the Portland diamond project thread.

Also, I'll say that I started doing this in the first place because I wanted to modify eriqjaffe's Brooklyn stadium. There is a bit of a learning curve, but after you get used to using SketchUp I'd encourage you to try making your own stuff. It's pretty fun.

Also also, (because you asked) I personally am a PC guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am on Mac so will that link and download still work? I at least wanted to mess around and see how it all works. So after the 30 days are up I won't be able to use the desktop version any longer? If I want to continue using the desktop version I need the obj exporter? I did a search in the 3d models sub forum and am having a hard time finding it. Maybe its getting late and I am tired

Also the link has Sketchup Pro 18, 17, and Skecthup make 17. Which one? (I know you said 17 but didn't know If that obj exporter worked on 18 as well)

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 03-15-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:51 AM   #97
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I am on Mac so will that link and download still work? I at least wanted to mess around and see how it all works.
They do have a mac version listed on the site for sketchup make 17- I don't know about the functionality of it.

Quote:
So after the 30 days are up I won't be able to use the desktop version any longer? If I want to continue using the desktop version I need the obj exporter?
Sketchup offers a 30 day free trial of their Pro version to anyone who downloads the software. If you download 17, 18 or 19 Pro, after 30 days you can't use the desktop software any more without a license. If you download 17 Make (which is meant for hobbyists like us), you get a 30 day trial of 17 Pro, after which it switches to Make and you lose certain functions. It generally doesn't impact stadium making, except or the aforementioned obj problem. So if you want to experiment with stadiums past 30 days, get 17 Make.

Quote:
I did a search in the 3d models sub forum and am having a hard time finding it. Maybe its getting late and I am tired
If you're looking for the .obj exporter extension, you can find it in this post: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...3&postcount=14

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-15-2019 at 08:34 AM.
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:17 AM   #98
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Like nielsoncp, I am also using Sketchup Make 2017 on a PC. You can also grab the exporter here:

https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=OBJexporter

It requires you to sign up for the site, but you get an .rbz file which you can install from the Extension Manager inside SketchUp.

I would also strongly recommend watching silvam14's video tutorials in the stickied thread.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #99
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
They do have a mac version listed on the site for sketchup make 17- I don't know about the functionality of it.

Sketchup offers a 30 day free trial of their Pro version to anyone who downloads the software. If you download 17, 18 or 19 Pro, after 30 days you can't use the desktop software any more without a license. If you download 17 Make (which is meant for hobbyists like us), you get a 30 day trial of 17 Pro, after which it switches to Make and you lose certain functions. It generally doesn't impact stadium making, except or the aforementioned obj problem. So if you want to experiment with stadiums past 30 days, get 17 Make.

If you're looking for the .obj exporter extension, you can find it in this post: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...3&postcount=14
Quote:
Like nielsoncp, I am also using Sketchup Make 2017 on a PC. You can also grab the exporter here:

https://sketchucation.com/pluginstore?pln=OBJexporter

It requires you to sign up for the site, but you get an .rbz file which you can install from the Extension Manager inside SketchUp.

I would also strongly recommend watching silvam14's video tutorials in the stickied thread.
Thanks guys, I downloaded Sketchup Make, need to learn what the heck I am doing now. I will check out the obj post and links once the 30 days are up and needed. I did briefly look at silvam14's videos last night but it was late and a lot to take in lol.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:28 AM   #100
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks guys, I downloaded Sketchup Make, need to learn what the heck I am doing now. I will check out the obj post and links once the 30 days are up and needed. I did briefly look at silvam14's videos last night but it was late and a lot to take in lol.

I’m sure you won’t have an issue. Once you get the hang of a few of the basic sketchup concepts, it’s addictive