Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 09-30-2018, 07:40 PM   #61
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Lancaster Ballpark, home of the Omaha Cyclones

Quote:
Lancaster Ballpark was designed to emulate an old ballpark, like many designed during its era. Brick facades around the outside give it an old-school feel, which blends well with the rest of the team. A twenty-foot-high fence in left field creates tons of doubles and making it a difficult position to play. Right field also has plenty of grass, making Lancaster a good hitters park, in contrast with the Cyclones’ northern neighbors in Des Moines.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5jbsei...lpark.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-05-2018, 12:58 AM   #62
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Sunoco Field at The Old City, home of the Philadelphia Liberty

Quote:
Sunoco Field at Old City is a bit of a compromise between corporate naming rights and baseball traditionalists, hence the long-winded name. The stadium is made from a lot of brick and marble, just like the surrounding buildings of the area. The playing field is average; it doesn’t favor hitters or pitchers terribly much.
I had a bit of fun with this - the building in center field houses team offices and a museum, and a local car dealership will give a car to any player that can hit the bell in left-center, some 450 feet from home plate. In today's game, that dealership might be giving away more cars than it bargained for.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2afdia..._City.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Old 10-07-2018, 09:48 AM   #63
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drksd4848 View Post
It's fairly easy; you don't need a 3D program. If you take a freeware program like paint.net and open up the textures, you can paste over any image you want or modify the color, and it will show up in the 3D model. I've done that many 3D models where I would use one stadium for multiple teams. I basically tweak some adverts, change the color of the outfield fence texture - or even change the back drop - and voila. You have a slightly different looking stadium. Sort of like the national league toilet bowl stadiums of the 70s and 80s. Essentially the same, but slightly different.

Make sure you keep the original file name of the texture.

Please help me DKSD4848! I am trying to change to signs in paint.net and all I get is a black background. Can someone please give dummies like me a step by step as I would really love to be able to change the signs. Thanks in advance
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #64
FSUKegman
Minors (Triple A)

I fixed it (wasn't saving in JPEG format). How do you create a new sign in a place where there wasn't one?
FSUKegman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #65
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUKegman View Post
I fixed it (wasn't saving in JPEG format). How do you create a new sign in a place where there wasn't one?
You have to edit the park in Sketchup and re-export the .obj file to do that. I do provide the Sketchup file in my downloads, so you can certainly edit those to your hearts' content.

I would refer you to slivam14's excellent tutorial videos on how to work in Sketchup as far as OOTP is concerned: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=289916

Note that any changes you make inside that _textures folder will not be referenced in the Sketchup file. That folder is created when you export the .obj file. Sketchup's .skp files store the textures inside the file itself.

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 10-08-2018 at 10:16 AM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #66
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Carnegie Field, home of the Pittsburgh Flying Shearmen

Quote:
Carnegie Field is the oldest stadium in all of baseball, which opened in time for the Flying Shearmen’s inaugural season in 1925. The jut in left field used to be farther out, but the wall was shortended to take the flag pole out of play in 1968. The pole was only hit once, but was infamously known for when Knights center fielder Martin MacDonald collided with the pole in 1967 and sustained serious injuries. MacDonald survived, but was not expected to walk again, but he became a living miracle as he not only walked but made a return to baseball. MacDonald rose as far as the Triple-A level in the Knights’ system before ultimately retiring from baseball. Carnegie has a large section in the outfield with no seats, spanning from MacDonald’s Porch, as it is infamously known, to the right center gap. An ivy wall runs that entire distance behind the outfield fence and serves as a massive batter’s eye with a concourse running behind it and a bleacher section over the top in center field. Carnegie Field is one of the few ballparks left to have an off-kilter backstop behind the plate. The field also has a lot of excess dirt--from the dugouts to the home plate circle, a classic USBL look; a cutout from the plate to the pitcher’s mound; small half-moons outside first and third base; and dirt going down the foul lines. The line is on grass, making it an easy call for the umpires.
Obstructed view seats, anyone? I went very old-school on this park, with no luxury boxes or digital scoreboards - the board in center field is basically taken from Shibe Park / Connie Mack Stadium, edited slightly to fit the USBL. The whitewashed exterior brick is influenced by my childhood memories of Comiskey Park.

Am I then only person who thinks the 3D crowd is pretty freaky looking up close?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1opj8r...Field.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
Old 10-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #67
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriqjaffe View Post
Carnegie Field, home of the Pittsburgh Flying Shearmen

Obstructed view seats, anyone? I went very old-school on this park, with no luxury boxes or digital scoreboards - the board in center field is basically taken from Shibe Park / Connie Mack Stadium, edited slightly to fit the USBL. The whitewashed exterior brick is influenced by my childhood memories of Comiskey Park.

Am I then only person who thinks the 3D crowd is pretty freaky looking up close?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1opj8r...Field.zip/file

Shape of the facade looks like Yankee stadium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2018, 06:27 PM   #68
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvam14 View Post
Shape of the facade looks like Yankee stadium

It's actually based on Tiger Stadium.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:03 PM   #69
silvam14
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's actually based on Tiger Stadium.

Well, shows what I know. Haha

Old 10-11-2018, 01:56 PM   #70
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Wow these are awesome! Fantastic work! A+!
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:13 PM   #71
Pridex19
Bat Boy

So problem here: Whenever I import any park the 3D model stays as the default major league stadium.

Also when I try doing the .obj file the crowd is black. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Pridex19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #72
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

That usually means you have the folder structure incorrect. Using Flagg Park as an example, you should have the following structure:

Code:
ballparks
	models
		Flagg_park
			Flagg Park_Textures
			diagram.png
			Flagg Park.mtl
			Flagg Park.obj
			Flagg Park.ootp3d
			Flagg Park.skp
			flagg_park.prk
			flagg_park_d.png
			flagg_park_n.png
The .obj and .mtl files work hand-in-hand. The .obj file describes the actual 3D structure, and the .mtl file provides information about the textures. The textures have to be in the right location relative to the .mtl file.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:27 PM   #73
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Riverfront Stadum, home of the Portland Loggers

Quote:
Riverfront Stadium, simply put, is outdated and needs to be replaced. The ballpark has stood since the teams inception in 1987, and the team ditched the astroturf in 1995 and moved the fences in significantly in 1999 as a hope to help win more games. The massive outfield has been reduced because of inflated statistics and lack of power for the Loggers. When it opened, Riverfront Stadium produced a lot of 10-7 games with the fast outfield and gap hitters, but the lack of any substantial renovations have solidified its place as a bottom tier ballpark. Rumors of Riverfront Stadium II are starting to surface, and some close to the team suggest that a new home may come in 2016 or 2017.
I took it as somewhat assumed that the park was built around 1987, so I used the closest "new" park as a reference - in this case, New Comiskey Park. I gussied it up a little bit (as teams will do to stretch the useful life of their stadiums) by adding a multi-tier party deck to center field and adding a scoreboard that is reminiscent of Portland's iconic White Stag sign.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3weu7a...adium.zip/file
Attached Images
Image Image Image 

Last edited by eriqjaffe; 10-12-2018 at 09:17 PM.
eriqjaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #74
Pridex19
Bat Boy

Quote:
That usually means you have the folder structure incorrect. Using Flagg Park as an example, you should have the following structure:

Code:
ballparks
	models
		Flagg_park
			Flagg Park_Textures
			diagram.png
			Flagg Park.mtl
			Flagg Park.obj
			Flagg Park.ootp3d
			Flagg Park.skp
			flagg_park.prk
			flagg_park_d.png
			flagg_park_n.png
The .obj and .mtl files work hand-in-hand. The .obj file describes the actual 3D structure, and the .mtl file provides information about the textures. The textures have to be in the right location relative to the .mtl file.
I just looked and I have all of this in the right order. What else could be wrong? Thanks for the response

Last edited by Pridex19; 10-12-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 03:45 PM   #75
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Is there also an "attendance" folder inside the "models" folder?
Old 10-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #76
Pridex19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Is there also an "attendance" folder inside the "models" folder?
yes there is. Does having all of the stadiums in their own folder make a difference or should they be on their own?
Old 10-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #77
Pridex19
Bat Boy

Figured it out! Thanks eriqjaffe
Old 10-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #78
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pridex19 View Post
Figured it out! Thanks eriqjaffe
Old 10-12-2018, 07:41 PM   #79
Pridex19
Bat Boy

Quote:
Riverfront Stadum, home of the Portland Loggers

I took it as somewhat assumed that the park was built around 1987, so I used the closest "new" park as a reference - in this case, New Comiskey Park. I gussied it up a little bit (as teams will do to stretch the useful life of their stadiums) by adding a multi-tier party deck to center field and adding a scoreboard that is reminiscent of Portland's iconic White Stag sign.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/6n8k2...adium.zip/file
When clicking the link, It says "Download not available"
Old 10-12-2018, 09:18 PM   #80
eriqjaffe
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pridex19 View Post
When clicking the link, It says "Download not available"
Thanks, the link should be fixed now.