Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 11-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #961
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

Is there an updated file to be downloaded that will allow random historic drafting?
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
KurtBevacqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:02 PM   #962
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

this file MAY look old, but it was updated in July, at least that's when i downloaded it.

see this link:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4048088
it's from the day Spritze uploaded it. The posts before and after explain it and how to load it. But be aware - it has some issues .... as mentioned in the posts around this link:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4111808

still it's a great piece, and has uses. i use to to import some players (such as Negro League ones) not already in the game.

Good luck and have fun.
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen
"Hello darkness, my old Friend ...." - Paul Simon
Before Mays, before DiMaggio, there was Oscar Charleston.
"All the lies about Babe Ruth are true." - Waite Hoyt

Avatar is the late great Townes Van Zandt. rip.
mitchkenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 02:05 PM   #963
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchkenn View Post
this file MAY look old, but it was updated in July, at least that's when i downloaded it.

see this link:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4048088
it's from the day Spritze uploaded it. The posts before and after explain it and how to load it. But be aware - it has some issues .... as mentioned in the posts around this link:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ml#post4111808

still it's a great piece, and has uses. i use to to import some players (such as Negro League ones) not already in the game.

Good luck and have fun.
The file is no longer there to download
"The type and formula of most schemes of philanthropy or humanitarianism is this: A and B put their heads together to decide what C shall be made to do for D. The radical vice of all these schemes, from a sociological point of view, is that C is not allowed a voice in the matter, and his position, character, and interests, as well as the ultimate effects on society through C's interests, are entirely overlooked. I call C the Forgotten Man"

- William Graham Sumner
Old 11-24-2016, 03:09 PM   #964
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3dpdch32l...OTP17.zip?dl=0

Link to latest version of this file.
try this one ... it seems to still be active as of this afternoon.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3dpdch32l...OTP17.zip?dl=0
"I saw a young man leaning on his wooden crutch - He called out to me, 'Don't ask for so much' And a young woman leaning in her darkened door She cried out to me, 'Why not ask for more?' " - Leonard Cohen

Last edited by mitchkenn; 11-24-2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: add link
Old 11-24-2016, 06:06 PM   #965
KurtBevacqua
Hall Of Famer

I have that one, I guess that at least confirms I have the latest and greatest, thanks.

- William Graham Sumner
Old 02-04-2017, 04:22 PM   #966
plannine
All Star Reserve

Quote:
No draft = no fictional
Draft after 1871 season = 262 fictional players and zero historical. They turn up in 1872 draft.
With no draft no players are added at all.They also turn up in 1872 draft.

Not a database issue. Well, not exactly as it seems generating the historicaldatabase.odb introduces the challenge.

Found that the problem I due to the Draft reveal date of 11/15 (12/15 draft date) generates fictional players and real players show up a year late even using the non Spritze files.
This is what the ODB generator comes up with.
The file that comes with the game uses 12/1 reveal with a 12/15 draft and works just fine.
Changing the draft reveal date by hand does nothing.
When I set the draft date to September 1 1871, I don't get fictional players until 1882/3. Makes no sense.

If I use September until 1881, then switch to June for the draft, so far I have not had 'fake players', but I don't know if I am missing any real players
- but we will have to wait and see

Last edited by plannine; 02-04-2017 at 08:53 PM.
plannine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #967
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

Any chance of reviving this DB?

Would love to be able to draft everyone at HS age and watch them develop in Historical mode again...I know it was said that it could be looked at later in the "season" after bugs with the game had been worked out
szathkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #968
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

I do plan on updating this. I'm going to start working on it as soon as I can get the supermodels off my lap and out of the kitchen.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:48 PM   #969
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I do plan on updating this. I'm going to start working on it as soon as I can get the supermodels off my lap and out of the kitchen.
good to hear ... but there are priorities in life and well, supermodels in the kitchen certainly should be at or at least near the top of the list.

and if you ever get the new database up and functioning, give us a shout and i'll set a Dr. Pepper aside for you one day.

Last edited by mitchkenn; 05-22-2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #970
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

agreed...sorry to interupt...carry on
Old 05-22-2017, 02:27 PM   #971
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Quote:
Keep them in the kitchen. They might know how to make you something to eat and you won't have to worry that they will eat too much.
Old 07-03-2017, 06:26 PM   #972
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

How is the update going? I'm back at the HSBL draft and players from the Spritze Db are importing with nerfed Defense ratings. Looks like I will have to once again import every single player manually from the OOTP Db as that is the only way I've found to remedy the situation

Thanks
Rhett
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:13 PM   #973
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Batting and pitching are done and fielding has the new structure but the new fields are empty. Next step is to figure out how to fill them and then it will be done.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:31 AM   #974
dpd376
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Batting and pitching are done and fielding has the new structure but the new fields are empty. Next step is to figure out how to fill them and then it will be done.
Is it possible to just use the default fielding file and then copy and paste to fill out the missing seasons?
Old 08-19-2017, 04:29 AM   #975
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Hi Spritze,

I came across this by accident today.

http://lahman.r-forge.r-project.org/

Thought it might interest you.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:05 PM   #976
mitchkenn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
hows this coming? or have other projects taken priority? have a good day.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:25 PM   #977
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Per Matt Arnold, the new fielding fields are not used. I just found this out a few days ago so really it is now all done given that info. I'll put this on dropbox as soon as I can.

My only other project is healing my wound/injury and learning to walk/hobble again. Still got a month or two to go on that one.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:04 AM   #978
szathkey
Minors (Double A)

Sorry to hear you got hurt, Spritze...speedy recovery!
Old 09-06-2017, 03:58 AM   #979
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Per Matt Arnold, the new fielding fields are not used. I just found this out a few days ago so really it is now all done given that info. I'll put this on dropbox as soon as I can.

My only other project is healing my wound/injury and learning to walk/hobble again. Still got a month or two to go on that one.
Well, What is the possible explanation for players in ootp18 being so poorly rated out of the gate when importing with the DataBase? I'm talking so poorly that the highest rated position player had a Rating of 12 (1-20 scale) and skill ratings were also proportionally and comparatively low when compared to past seasons using this DataBase with other versions of OOTP.
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 09-06-2017 at 04:00 AM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:23 AM   #980
RANGER11JP
All Star Starter

Spritze,

Whatever did you do to yourself????