Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 23 > OOTP 23 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-21-2023, 06:24 PM   #1
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Flag Replacement Problem(s)

I am currently having a problem in OOTP with replacing a flag. Specifically the Palestinian one with a different flag, after renaming the nation in question to something else.

Now I don't want to get into a political debate here related to that nation or that area of the world. But I am trying to replace the related flag with a different one here. And while I was able to change it easily in one of my OOTP 22 dynasties, I am having trouble changing it in at least one other dynasty for that version of OOTP. And I don't know why.

Any ideas why I am not able to do that now? I don't think I changed any of the related data files or anything before this problem popped up for me, after the creation of the working OOTP 22 dynasty. It recognizes the changed three-letter designation for the in-game nation in question, but not the flag I'm trying to get it to recognize, since the problem began for me.

Also, Swaziland's still-new ESW designation as Eswatini didn't seem to pull up a flag until I ultimately copied the swz.png file to an esw.png file name, for some reason. Surely there should have been an ESW flag available at original installation of OOTP 22, right?

Please reply to me in this thread, anyone who can help. I still haven't been able to clear enough space in my mailbox, though, for I've not been able to have enough free time to do so, unfortunately, of late. Thank you. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 01:25 AM   #2
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha View Post
I am currently having a problem in OOTP with replacing a flag. Specifically the Palestinian one with a different flag, after renaming the nation in question to something else.

Now I don't want to get into a political debate here related to that nation or that area of the world.
The best way to not get into a debate is to quit posting about altering the game to match your political and religious beliefs.

Pirates Play Moneyball 1951 to 2008 46,000 views and counting!... Wow, up to 47,000, thank you.
Brad K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 04:06 AM   #3
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Now I don't want to get into a political debate here related to that nation or that area of the world. But I am trying to replace the related flag with a different one here. And while I was able to change it easily in one of my OOTP 22 dynasties, I am having trouble changing it in at least one other dynasty for that version of OOTP. And I don't know why.

Any ideas why I am not able to do that now? I don't think I changed any of the related data files or anything before this problem popped up for me, after the creation of the working OOTP 22 dynasty. It recognizes the changed three-letter designation for the in-game nation in question, but not the flag I'm trying to get it to recognize, since the problem began for me.

Also, Swaziland's still-new ESW designation as Eswatini didn't seem to pull up a flag until I ultimately copied the swz.png file to an esw.png file name, for some reason. Surely there should have been an ESW flag available at original installation of OOTP 22, right?

Please reply to me in this thread, anyone who can help. I still haven't been able to clear enough space in my mailbox, though, for I've not been able to have enough free time to do so, unfortunately, of late. Thank you. CD out.
The new flag needs to be named "pal" and placed in the OOTP 23/22 - Data - Database - nation flags folder. Or if you create a new country , it needs to be named 3 letters that are already not used and placed in the above folder. make sure it's the proper size. Not sure what that size is anymore.

Here are a few of mine (i didn't make these)
Endor
Kashyyyk
Mandalore
Illini

Also, we could have done without the political comment. That didn;t add to your post.
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

Last edited by The Game; 02-23-2023 at 04:08 AM.
The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 06:10 AM   #4
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Also, we could have done without the political comment. That didn;t add to your post.
Wouldn't have made a difference if he left it out. It's clear from his sigs why he wants to do it.

Pirates Play Moneyball 1951 to 2008 46,000 views and counting!... Wow, up to 47,000, thank you.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:51 AM   #5
Clovidequano Dovatha
Hall Of Famer

Location: Somewhere in the United States of America on God's Earth
Well, before, I was able to change the flag to a different one for that nation, even in 22. I can rename the nation to something else, and change the designation to a different three-letter designation, but since something unknown happened a few days ago, I can't change the flag for the nation in question, for some reason.

No, I don't have any political-related comments in my signature at this point, people. But my profile does certainly show my loyalties regarding certain things or people. To see them, however, one would have to click on my screen name, in any case. But that is not relevant here, to be honest.

Let's stick strictly to the subject at hand, then, and leave ALL political discussions about that part of the world out of things here in this thread. The subject at hand here is at least one flag replacement problem for me since probably about a few days to a week ago or so. I don't want ANY of us to get warned needlessly for bringing political issues needlessly into this matter's discussion.

I am fairly concerned that if I were to change other nations' names to other historical ones for themselves later on, like the Democratic Republic of Congo's name back to Zaire, for instance, I would potentially see this current problem of mine reoccur periodically, without knowing why the problem occurred here for me in the first place. I don't want to see this problem potentially reoccur at least once more if I were to change the names of certain other nations anywhere else in the world to other historical names of theirs later on, for sure.

My other current OOTP 22 dynasty has not been affected by this problem, or at least not as of yet, it seems. But my other current OOTP 22 dynasty definitely has been, and it's affected at least three or four attempts at trying to set up an original OOTP 22 dynasty for myself. Until this particular problem can be resolved, I may only be able to have two original 22 dynasties available to myself that aren't eventually imported from 21, I strongly suspect here.

So if anyone has any ideas why I am not able to currently change the relevant flag for the relevant area of the world, when I was able to do so in the same version of OOTP, I'd like to hear them, if and whenever possible. I don't think I altered any of the related database files or anything, and there is still a PAL flag in the relevant subfolder in OOTP 22, that should be there. So this problem is a bit confusing, at least, to me at the present time, unfortunately, when I hadn't actually had any problems before with changing the relevant flag to a different one, and while I'm currently able to rename the nation in question and also change its three-letter designation here.

Also, I definitely had to copy the swz.png file, and paste it in as esw.png for Swaziland's new name of Eswatini, seeing as the game didn't for some reason have a flag there for that nation by default, it seems, after my original installation of OOTP 22, if I'm not too mistaken here. I don't know why it didn't actually have a flag file related to the new name of Swaziland when I installed OOTP 22 on my computer present, to be honest. Clearly, it should have had one present for that nation here, don't you think, folks?

Again, let's leave ALL political-style discussions out of this matter's discussion here, and try to figure out my current flag replacement problem here as best as we can. I don't think ANY of us actually need to get warned for taking this somewhere it never should have gone in the first place.

I know I've often had problems with staying on-topic in various threads on the forums, but I really want to stay on this thread's topic here, and I really don't want this matter's discussion to get off-topic here needlessly. This current problem of mine may potentially affect me with other nations, whether real or fictional, that I may perhaps later rename in any of my OOTP 22 dynasties, whether they're current ones or future ones, and not just this particular nation in the world.

So let's stick strictly to the currently-relevant topic here, and nothing else. If you can't stay sufficiently on-topic here for this particular thread, please do not comment here, in this particular thread. Thank you. CD out.

Proverbs 16:7 KJV
Romans 12:18 KJV
Philippians 2:1-11 KJV

DeviantArt:

https://www.deviantart.com/clovidequano-dovatha

GBA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=316515

EC's IPA:

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=158631

Updates to my various threads may be delayed or sporadic, and requests may still be some time away, while I continue working on LUtD. CD out.

Last edited by Clovidequano Dovatha; 02-23-2023 at 09:59 AM.
Clovidequano Dovatha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 10:05 PM   #6
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

Deny all you want.

Old 02-23-2023, 10:28 PM   #7
Brad K
Hall Of Famer

From https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=318776

Including Inappropriate Content in Sigs and Avatars - In addition to all the rules also applying to sigs and avatars, sigs and avatars are prohibited from including political or religious statements of any kind.

Old 02-26-2023, 08:38 PM   #8
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad K View Post
Wouldn't have made a difference if he left it out. It's clear from his sigs why he wants to do it.
Never noticed. i put things in my sig for me, not so much for others. i rarely pay attention to others sigs.

"Stay Strong"

Old 02-26-2023, 08:41 PM   #9
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, before, I was able to change the flag to a different one for that nation, even in 22. I can rename the nation to something else, and change the designation to a different three-letter designation, but since something unknown happened a few days ago, I can't change the flag for the nation in question, for some reason.

No, I don't have any political-related comments in my signature at this point, people. But my profile does certainly show my loyalties regarding certain things or people. To see them, however, one would have to click on my screen name, in any case. But that is not relevant here, to be honest.

Let's stick strictly to the subject at hand, then, and leave ALL political discussions about that part of the world out of things here in this thread. The subject at hand here is at least one flag replacement problem for me since probably about a few days to a week ago or so. I don't want ANY of us to get warned needlessly for bringing political issues needlessly into this matter's discussion.

I am fairly concerned that if I were to change other nations' names to other historical ones for themselves later on, like the Democratic Republic of Congo's name back to Zaire, for instance, I would potentially see this current problem of mine reoccur periodically, without knowing why the problem occurred here for me in the first place. I don't want to see this problem potentially reoccur at least once more if I were to change the names of certain other nations anywhere else in the world to other historical names of theirs later on, for sure.

My other current OOTP 22 dynasty has not been affected by this problem, or at least not as of yet, it seems. But my other current OOTP 22 dynasty definitely has been, and it's affected at least three or four attempts at trying to set up an original OOTP 22 dynasty for myself. Until this particular problem can be resolved, I may only be able to have two original 22 dynasties available to myself that aren't eventually imported from 21, I strongly suspect here.

So if anyone has any ideas why I am not able to currently change the relevant flag for the relevant area of the world, when I was able to do so in the same version of OOTP, I'd like to hear them, if and whenever possible. I don't think I altered any of the related database files or anything, and there is still a PAL flag in the relevant subfolder in OOTP 22, that should be there. So this problem is a bit confusing, at least, to me at the present time, unfortunately, when I hadn't actually had any problems before with changing the relevant flag to a different one, and while I'm currently able to rename the nation in question and also change its three-letter designation here.

Also, I definitely had to copy the swz.png file, and paste it in as esw.png for Swaziland's new name of Eswatini, seeing as the game didn't for some reason have a flag there for that nation by default, it seems, after my original installation of OOTP 22, if I'm not too mistaken here. I don't know why it didn't actually have a flag file related to the new name of Swaziland when I installed OOTP 22 on my computer present, to be honest. Clearly, it should have had one present for that nation here, don't you think, folks?

Again, let's leave ALL political-style discussions out of this matter's discussion here, and try to figure out my current flag replacement problem here as best as we can. I don't think ANY of us actually need to get warned for taking this somewhere it never should have gone in the first place.

I know I've often had problems with staying on-topic in various threads on the forums, but I really want to stay on this thread's topic here, and I really don't want this matter's discussion to get off-topic here needlessly. This current problem of mine may potentially affect me with other nations, whether real or fictional, that I may perhaps later rename in any of my OOTP 22 dynasties, whether they're current ones or future ones, and not just this particular nation in the world.

So let's stick strictly to the currently-relevant topic here, and nothing else. If you can't stay sufficiently on-topic here for this particular thread, please do not comment here, in this particular thread. Thank you. CD out.
What about just creating a new country. Would take time to put the cities in accurately but maybe thats more what you want to do? I've never tried changing a countries flag before.

"Stay Strong"