Thread: The Dog Park
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 05:42 PM   #228
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Seeing as the Terriers and the Chefs are sitting on their paws and spatulas this postseason respectively, I figured I'll take the time to explain my 3rd team, the Fort Jefferson Pirates who I've added to my signature.

The Pirates are F2P using only non-live cards. They see-sawed up and down between iron and silver for 21 seasons before finally bottoming out in iron in season 22. That's when I got 2 lucky pack pulls back to back, a 95 Brooks Robinson and a peak 100 Curt Schilling. I sold the Schilling for 415,000 giving me the capital to make upgrades and to do some of the Pittsburgh collection missions which scored me one of my favorite players 86 Pie Traynor. I also picked up 94 Bob Veale, 92 Bob Friend, 94 Eddie Plank, and 96 Bob Lemon from missions.
Seeing as I've never had so many points, I kept ripping packs (because it's fun) and kept getting really good players like 100 Bob Gibson, 98 Rob Dibble, 97 Cy Young, 95 Mickey Mantle, 95 Satchel Paige, 94 Dwight Gooden, amongst many other awesome gold pulls. I also snatched up some players from the AH that I wanted to play the game with like 100 Bob Feller, 91 Paul Waner, and 90 Wilbur Cooper.
The funny thing is after all that, I still had just as many points as I started with from selling unwanted live cards or selling off collection rewards which leads me into what I finally splurged on 2 nights ago.....
a 100 Elmer Flick which I bought for 303k.
Anyways, the Pirates have been in perfect for 3 seasons now and are sitting in a much better position than Hiram College or Ohio City to make a run at a perfect title. I'm actually really excited to see how next season goes having a big-bopper like Elmer Flick in right field for the whole season

Last edited by gemini615; 11-17-2019 at 07:24 PM.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote