View Single Post
Old 07-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #345
daonlyjmo7
Bat Boy

First time posting here. I have been playing OOTP for a few weeks now and am ready to start my final settings testing before starting my franchise. (Btw I am open to suggestions on what type of franchise to do. I want one type and one coach type.)

First thing I need to get down is the trade setting. I do no overall ratings but use current as potential ratings on low scouting accuracy to best simulate a real scouting card while keeping a high difficulty. The biggest flaw I see in the stats only (or close to stats only) players' AI evaluation settings is that there is way to little emphasis on past year stats. Let me explain.

Obviously when playing stats only you want ratings at 0 so the CPU judges just like you would while playing. But ratings would be used as a way to judge the accuracy of the current year stats. In real life, the closest thing to "ratings" are the past year stats. These can help us gauge how accurate the current year stats are. So essentially, past stats replace ratings.

I have just ran my first test. The best way IMO to test trade settings is sim to deadline on do not disturb and clear injuries. I picked the Dodgers because they are buyers with crazy assets. First I went to Trout. Angels wouldn't give him no matter what. Realistic. Next I went to Archer. I found a good trade that was realistic (can't remember they exact details but if anyone's interested I will find them. Then I went to Jay Bruce. Same thing as Archer. Very realistic. I also found it was nearly impossible to trade bad contracts, which I like. You don't see any bad contract being traded unless they are big contacts to still decent players.

The settings I used for the first test were 0/34/33/33. I am going to tinker with them as well as test a sellers perspective and breakout players. I'll let you guys know when I settle on my trade settings as well as my other ones.
daonlyjmo7 is offline   Reply With Quote