View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 06:34 AM   #344
wsenkow
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUColonel View Post
I am not necessarily complaining about the trade engine in itself, but rather the "slot machine" way to go about negotiations.
First we add enough players and sometimes cash until the other team accepts the offer for the one player we were after. Now if we were to add another player we want, say a prospect, there is more than a good chance that team will accept a player of lesser value for him. You know the drill, eventually it gives appearances that although we gave a lot for the original player, each of the ones added into the deal after came to us in a bargain.

I look at it this way. If I simply accepted the trade after their first player, more often than not I have been fleeced. They have 'won' the trade. However as we add a 2nd, then a 3rd, etc. player of interest the "Make Trade Work" gives us a list we can choose of a scrub we can get rid of to temporarily finalize the trade. IMO the reason for this is there will always be an 'equity' built in to an agreement from the other club's point of view. This is the value that the other club feels it has won by so far, and I use that equity towards acquiring the player I added that I want. That is why each player beyond the original one comes to us in the appearances of a bargain. The other club 'negotiates' too, and that is why I am okay justifying such transactions.

Last edited by wsenkow; 07-12-2016 at 09:33 AM.
wsenkow is offline   Reply With Quote