View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 08:42 AM   #8
Cole
Hall Of Famer

I just wanted to add onto what Sebastian said.

We are all more than happy to help you and anyone with various questions to assist your enjoyment of the game, but it's totally unnecessary and out of line for you to make posts that begin with big diatribes about what you think of each member of OOTP Developments and how you feel you've been wronged or we have it out for you because a question wasn't answered within a specific timeframe.

Your initial frustration seemed to be with the fact that after nine or 10 hours you hadn't received an answer in the quick questions thread. We are trying to answer as quickly as possible in that thread and dozens of questions have been successfully asked and answered, but some are going to fall through the cracks. Often I'll answer quick ones that are easy to answer or that I know of, but others I don't know, I might leave in hopes that Jeff or Sebastian or Malte will answer. If I circle back after sleeping or being away from the forums for a while and see they still aren't answered, then I may go digging further to try to provide help.

That can at times lead to downtimes in responding.

A simple quoting of your initial post with a bump and "Does anyone know the answer to this one, I think it got lost it the shuffle?" will do a lot more to getting people keen to help you than posts like the ones you've made.

Or, just go ahead and make individual threads with a specific question if you think that's better after not having heard an answer in "quick questions."

But overall, I would say the level of communication and troubleshooting post-release has been pretty top notch. We have all three developers on the forum answering questions, as well as myself and some beta testers. I doubt there's a similar level of direct contact to the creators of some other games out there.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote