View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 12:26 PM   #96
dbqs
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
One technicality that I've seen in multiple threads that kind of bugs my OCD is the concept of grinding. There is no way to grind anything for points in this game. Achievements occur based upon random in game events we do not control. Flipping cards in the Auction House probably comes closest to the definition of grinding, except that there are no guarantees of profitability. The amount of time spent does not correlate to any set amount of profit, and you can lose points if you do it wrong enough.

Since there is no way to grind in PT, all we are left to do is allow the time to pass and the games to sim while we try to avoid promotions and pray to the gods of RNG for things like 4 strikeouts in an inning.

This may be a minor point, but I believe it is important to think of this game and its economy in the proper context.
You do get packs every once in a while from playing regular OOTP games (non-PT) that kind of fulfills that idea - but as far as I can tell it's just every couple days and triggered by getting an achievement of any sort - I agree that there could be more emphasis on this somehow.

dbqs is offline   Reply With Quote