View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 03:34 PM   #42
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Yeah, I was of the understanding that cards "turned in" for collections will get locked, so they can't be sold in the future. So that action takes those specific cards out of circulation. But it would free up others. How? Here's how:

people are currently hoarding all cards (in theory) since they don't know what cards are part of what collections. So once the collections are known, you'll know with 100% certainty whether or not that 69 OVR Tony Armas is needed or not... and if he's not needed then I suspect people will put him on the AH.

Plus, I don't know for sure, but I figure not all cards will have an associated a collection, so there may be a bunch of cards (bad, average and good) that will come onto the AH due to people no longer having to hoard them.

So collections won't free up ALL of your spare cards, but it will allow a number of cards people were holding "just in case" to be sold.
While true (assuming that all collections are revealed at once), where is the demand for a 69 overall tony armas coming from after that? in terms of cards people want the supply will shrink even more
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote