View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 12:14 AM   #96
Hockey13Playa
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
If you want to get into stadiums you're going to want to grab the SketchUp make 2017 version. It's probably the last free version they are going to produce for desktop. You can find it here: https://help.sketchup.com/en/downloading-older-versions. After 30 days you'll need to download the obj exporter extension that eriqjaffe put in the Portland diamond project thread.

Also, I'll say that I started doing this in the first place because I wanted to modify eriqjaffe's Brooklyn stadium. There is a bit of a learning curve, but after you get used to using SketchUp I'd encourage you to try making your own stuff. It's pretty fun.

Also also, (because you asked) I personally am a PC guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am on Mac so will that link and download still work? I at least wanted to mess around and see how it all works. So after the 30 days are up I won't be able to use the desktop version any longer? If I want to continue using the desktop version I need the obj exporter? I did a search in the 3d models sub forum and am having a hard time finding it. Maybe its getting late and I am tired

Also the link has Sketchup Pro 18, 17, and Skecthup make 17. Which one? (I know you said 17 but didn't know If that obj exporter worked on 18 as well)

Last edited by Hockey13Playa; 03-15-2019 at 12:21 AM.
Hockey13Playa is offline   Reply With Quote