View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 10:36 PM   #5
mh2365
Banned

Infractions: 0/2 (101)
Johnson is 3-1 currently and his major downfall has been cuts. He has been cut five times to his opponents 0. I don't have my scorecard on that fight anymore (I score approx. 42 fights per 4x6 index card then toss it out), but Johnson suffered his only knockdown in the 6th round, and if memory serves I had it 96-94 Jackson. I think I need to start writing my scores of big fights or upsets in the biographies. I was going to do this on championship fight anyways.

Brief update through Feb. Solly Smith was the second to drop to club status with a UD loss to Jem Driscoll. Arthur Upham had avoided it earlier in the month with a SD upset of Johnny McGlade.

Championship pace: HW Childs, Jeffries, Jackson and Armstrong all with 5 wins. MW Dempsey with 6, Burke and Fitzsimmons with 5. WW Tommy Ryan with 5 (but he may have to wait a while for an opponent) LW Gans with 5, several with 4. FW Griffo is in the same boat as Ryan. BW McGovern in the same boat with Ryan and Griffo.

Only real big surprise continues to be Steve Taylor in the HW division who ran his record to 4 - 0 despite being rated a 3. He keeps getting the luck of the roll and being one of the fighters chosen to fight the closest competitor. I expect his bubble to burst first time he fights a HW 5 or above.

I did throw some Heavies in a LH. The highest rated was a 5, but most came from the 1880's set on cornerwork. They seem to be mostly 1's. Which is good because I need to build up the club fighters by 1905.

Also the alphabet rankings start at 10 fights, but I will have crowned a champion by then. The WBA will be the only one that matters until the third time the title changes hands. I haven't decided the parameters for unifying it once it splits but I'll figure something out.

Thanks for your interest chaleyit. I wish I has the know how for a web site but since I don't think I can do it right I will keep it here.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote