View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 02:45 AM   #11
2002halos
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
If you have gotten 5 Diamond or better cards in 25-30 packs then you are one lucky dog. Even though packs worked for you, it's still a more efficient use of points to upgrade through the AH.
Says you.

I studied this, and disagree.

I even went so far as to make a model spreadsheet with average pricing data and odds of getting cards.

While it often takes a large number of packs purchased to avoid early bad luck, eventually you will have more points by selling everything you get and buying more packs.

In trials, it usually starts being profitable after hitting 1 non-Live perfect, or a couple non-Live diamonds. Which could happen quick if you're lucky, or take a few hundred packs before you're profitable.

So you need a good up-front investment. And you have to be willing to stick with it until you have some profits before you start siphoning cards to your team.

Also in PT19, eventually AH prices dropped to the point where it was no longer feasible. I'm sure that will happen in 20 also, but with the real life season just beginning I suspect this strategy will remain profitable through the summer at least.
2002halos is offline   Reply With Quote