Thread: FHM 5 news ?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 10:25 AM   #19
julius
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Do you have a lot of experience dealing with the NHL to make that statement? I'm curious. While there may be some drawbacks at times, there's a reason why we are licensed.

The game will release when it's ready, and it's not there yet. Keep in mind, for most video games, development cycle is minimum 10 months. Most games, are over 2 years. With FHM and OOTP, while big ideas are worked on year round, for the most part, the game is built between our last update for the previous version and the release. It's a fluid process. Things happen when building the game. What the initial plans look like vs what comes out can be two distinctly different things. We could easily start talking features in June or July, but if we end up having to cut something because we make a change or it isn't working as we are intended, would you (our fans) be happy? We'd rather wait until we know for sure.
Well, my experience with the NHL licensing process consists of it being an excuse that you offer when long-standing customers query you on why a release is being delayed. Can you confirm that the NHL license causes no such delay? If so, you will need to amend your response (for example, see your posts above).

Please note that I refer here not to the normal delay and time required to develop each version (which is what you address in your response above) but the additional delay caused by having the NHL review your proposal, which is an entirely different matter. You have confirmed this additional delay both this year and last when directly asked.

Let's tackle my other observations shall we? Can you confirm that the NHL license is free and is not a cost that you pass on to the ultimate purchaser? Do you really think I need hands-on experience dealing with the NHL to know this is not the case? But, please tell me I am wrong.

You state that "there is a reason we are licensed" but then fail to divulge any reason. As I noted, it is a very simple process to download rosters, logos etc., so that can't be the reason. Moreover, if you run your league over a few seasons, most players end up being computer-created anyways. Plus, there are many of us creating custom leagues who have no need at all for the NHL license.

Since we are paying for this license (subject to your telling me I am wrong about this), can you please articulate for us the advantages in doing so.

Last edited by julius; 09-17-2018 at 10:28 AM.