View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 12:15 PM   #94
metropolitans
Bat Boy

1) Did you like the OOTP 17 color scheme and use of team colors. If not, what could be improved?

I like it! Only thing I would do: use home/away colors on game screens so you can more easily pick apart teams with similar color schemes. If playing quick against a team with a similar color scheme, I sometimes lose track of whether I'm batting or pitching. Maybe you could use home whites or away greys.

2) How about the interface layout, is the upper area (info & navigation) easy to use and understand?

The upper left area is a bit text-heavy, but definitely usable! If I had to change it, I might go with a calendar format (e.g., http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/down...leSchedule.pdf), with a ticker of upcoming special events ("Spring Training begins", "Trade Deadline") listed at the bottom.

3) What interface quirks would you like to see fixed / improved?

In the Schedule screen, I'd like to see my game at the top. I play as an AL team, so when I have an away game at an NL park, it's below the fold (I play on a 13" MBP Retina). I'd either put My Game at the top by itself, or Interleague games at the top, or invert the league order if my game is in the other league.

On a similar note, when a game gets postponed, I don't like how it goes to the end of the list, since this often puts it below the fold as well. It always seems like it disappeared. I'd prefer if they stayed in place.

Finally, given the interleague nature of the spring training schedule, these are traditionally reported as one league in most newspapers and websites. I would do it this way as well.

Oh, also I'd like to support by secondary columns: say, by rating then by leader ability, or by Coach Reputation then by experience.

4) Any feature ideas that relate to the interface which you'd like to see implemented (i.e. more hotkey support)?

I'd love hotkeys to toggle between tabs or jump to different screens.
I'd love a hotkey for the right-click on any screen to go the previous screen (which I just learned about here and is awesome!)

5) Which skin did you use in OOTP 17? Would you like to see an alteration to our usual default / dark / classic skin themes?

I use Dark. Only complaint is the Icon Bar is always a white foreground, and it doesn't work when yellow is the primary color (A's, Pirates, Rochester Red Wings)

This is coming from hundreds of hours of play, so needless to say, I'm happy overall and the team is doing great work!!!
metropolitans is offline   Reply With Quote