View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 03:56 AM   #28
Chillidog
Minors (Double A)

I am 50+ have not lost anything in OOTP17, I play stritctly "Historical" and wanted to do a "what if replay"--- during one season Mike Piazza was on the verge of hitting .400 had few days remaining in the season and he got injured and missed the last 4 games--- according to OTTP17 he finished hitting ,400 but when taking it out in decimal places he actually hit .399563 (so was rounded up to .400). I wanted to "replay" the last 4 days with Piazza healthy to see if he could have finished the season legitimately hitting .400.

the thing is I have no clue what a "file manager" is or what it does, have no clue how to do/use a "zip file/program" so I have gotten very frustrated in trying to "restore" from a backup. it is easy to backup as there is a link in the game to "backup your game/season" (whatever it says) then I get the pop-up stating 9937 files 2307 files updated (or something similar to this). Other games there are saves/backups that are named differently you click on "load from previous save" and then a pop-up displays all of your previous save/backup options, you click on one of these options and "WaLa, Baam!" your game is now at your previous save, very simple very easy

But OOTP's method is very confusing and frustrating for me. I will try Rich's advice from above, hope I can figure it out, if not I will just continue to play but will not backup as if I can not restore then there is no point in backing up

Last edited by Chillidog; 09-09-2016 at 05:12 AM.
Chillidog is offline   Reply With Quote