View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 12:53 PM   #20
Fyrestorm3
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
The development engine is always working, not just when guys are young. Older players can suffer major hits too. I've seen guys suddenly drop off the radar, and I'm not only talking 35 yrs old +. I've seen it at pretty much any age.

Players have normal years, bust years, and sometimes they have career years. How do you know "exactly" what you're getting?
See, I've just never seen that. Guys have bad years and good years, of course, but at the end of the line, you can always look back on their careers and see consistency throughout. Bench players put up bench numbers, stars put up star numbers. I've never once seen a dominant pitcher fall off the map during his prime, nor would I want to see that. Yes, the development engine is always working, but it has always had more of an effect on prospects, or else your league would fluctuate wildly year to year.

Quote:
Anyway, my whole point was - you can get plenty of "Fog of War" with and without Scouting.
Again, I don't really agree, but:

Quote:
That's the beauty of OOTP though, you and I can both find a way to play that's enjoyable.
Fyrestorm3 is offline   Reply With Quote