View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
rg35
Bat Boy

Newbie needs some help

Hi all. I'm completely new to OOTP, but not completely new to baseball simulation.

The amount of options that OOTP 14 presents can be a bit overwhelming at first, so I'm hoping to get some help with setting up a historical league.

I'm looking to just start a major league season starting in 1985.

I started one league with ghost players turned on for minors, and it seemed that the entire minor league rosters were filled with them. I started a second league with that option turned off and the minor league rosters were completely empty.

My major question is, is there any way to start a historical league that has accurate major league and minor league rosters filled out?

---- some other questions
Is it best to use the neutralized/normalized stats or the regular stats for this kind of league?

I plan on using the game engine to decide how to adjust rather than recalc (for example, I'd like to see things like how long Don Mattingly's prime would have lasted without the back injury, etc.).

Is there a specific season where L/R splits are present in the database, or is it recommended to generate random L/R splits no matter what historical year is being used?

Thanks for your help.
rg35 is offline   Reply With Quote