Thread: Finland
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #16
ohv
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Had some free time so I also simulated sm-league couple of times. One thing I also noticed is that the 4th lines get too few minutes on the ice, around 5 mins, when in reality its over 10mins.

Another thing is too many players play full 60 games. This causes players like Järveläinen and Leino with zero played games. Im not sure if there's things like automatic suspensions after too many misconducts and too few day-to-day injuries which cause some games missed IRL.

Anyways these things are problems with the game and not the rosters, and should be probably be reported elsewhere.

I only checked HPK for now as I am most familiar with it. Some things are bit harder to evaluate since some players have missed lots of time this year (defenders), and ofcourse the lockout had some effect on stats. But here is the list of things that were most notable.

Goalies
Tolvanen 0-1 gp vs Saros 10-15gp

Saros is REALLY good prospect, but he only played in juniors this year. IRL it makes sense to get all the possible playing time for him in juniors and not sit on the bench. Anyways he will be the second goalie next year and Tolvanen will be gone, so i'm not really sure should Tolvanen be rated bit higher for now.

Defense

Jordan Henry played under 10 games each sim. So I guess he is bit underrated. IRL he played all the games in the first pair with Laakso before the suspension, with lots of SHTOI, and some PPTOI. He's quite good defensively and likes to join the rush when possible. Has surpisingly good hands as his coast to coast goal againts Kalpa shows. Anyways he probably returns to AHL after this season but no harm to rate him correctly

Eerola seems to play all the games, though he should be 8-9th defender when all others are healthy. So some rating decrease would make sense.

Offense

Jesse Saarinen 21+19, 18+23, 19+20, quite accurate for pre-concussion Saarinen. But after his return he has only 1+1 in 17 games. Not sure what do with him.

Otto Paajanen played under 10 games. IRL he is the only player who has played all the games as a 4th line center. Plays a lot shorthanded shifts. Most likely the reason is that Tuomas Vänttinen is treated as center, when in reality he has played as winger, when four other centers have been healthy. So maybe change Vänttinen to RW, or bump ratings of Paajanen, or maybe the developers should improve the line construction AI to use secondary positions more efficiently.

Juha Kiilholma scored 1-3 goals per sim with around 10mins of TOI. IRL last two seasons 8 and 10 goals with 15mins TOI. Improving the center situation could fix this also.

Teemu Rautiainen has 100+ mins shorthanded toi, in reality he doesnt play SH at all. Small offensive player.

Viitaluoma & Sallinen play more shorthanded minutes than the overall 40mins in sims. Fixing Rautiainen should help a bit.

Otherwise good job! I'll check other teams also when I have more time.

Last edited by ohv; 03-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.