View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:26 AM   #44
Syd Thrift
Hall Of Famer

Just wanted to bump this because I am really, really close to coming out with an alpha version of my own management tool. Anyone have a good idea where I can host it?

At present it looks like this:

1. You export a .csv of your universe. Right now the tool works with one weight class only, sorry!
1a. The system also assumes you're starting the new uni from scratch.
2. After you load up the uni, the fighters are each checked to see if they're going to work this month, and then, if they are, each boxer in turn gets a short list of opponents to choose from.
3. After you finish choosing opponents, you go to a new screen, which shows a fight card you input into the game. After you do this, you run the fights in TBCB and enter in the results into the window. These results are used to determine future opponents.

I know that Andreas and co. are hard at work on a new version of the game but, well, they've been hard at work on a new version for several years and perhaps in the meantime we can get the RPG aspect of things going. Also, apologies that this took so long but... let's just say that I have learned a great deal about programming in the last year, and had no idea how much I didn't know last July.
The Great American Baseball Thrift Book - Like reading the Sporting News from back in the day, only with fake players. REAL LIFE DRAMA THOUGH maybe not
Syd Thrift is offline   Reply With Quote