View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #87
djday45
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethal liberal View Post
Great thread and great work..love reading the thoughts on the ratings. This forum(overall)has,by far,the most well-rounded boxing fans that you will find anywhere. One point though,when talking of all-time heavy punchers in the heavyweight division..dont forget my man Earnie Shavers. Although he wasnt nearly as complete a fighter as the guys you mention,many who tasted both Shavers and Foremans punch,said that Shavers hit just as hard if not harder. When comparing Tysons punch to Shavers,Larry Holmes remarked "Earnie hits much harder than Mike". Even though Tyson knocked out an old Holmes,Larry said the punch that Shavers floored him with back in the day "made my head hurt for two weeks" LOL. Earnie sure could punch. He just didnt have the same kind of defense or stamina that the guys you mention above possessed. Great job guys. Keep up the good work.
Yep the list i gave wasant complete, just the first guys that came into my mind. Earnie would always qualify for a 13 hitting power in my book.
djday45 is offline   Reply With Quote