View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #145
gmo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifspuds
So how much of a pain would it be to generate non-doubleheader versions of schedules? Given OOTP6's inability to properly manage doubleheaders and pitcher fatigue, it'd be nice to have doubleheader-free versions that mimic the real-life season as much as possible. I'm guessing it requires extending the season in-game in order to get all the games in.

Is this something I should be requesting in this thread, or over in the fictional schedules thread? I'm asking here first, since there's mention in the initial post of non-doubleheader versions of some years.

Ideally, I'd like non-DH versions of 1962 and 1963, but if this is unlikely to happen, I (well, we, the fine citizens of Time Warp Baseball) will just have to deal.
This idea has come up before. It would be a substantial amount of work to adjust all the historical schedules to eliminate doubleheaders, and somewhere in V6 the adjustment was made to make the game at least a bit better at handling the doubleheaders.

Doing a couple of seasons would probably not be too tough, but doing them well may be another story. But a good job is in the eye of the beholder. If one wants to sacrifice the reality of doubleheaders to get something that works better in the game, perhaps then he does not mind perhaps losing reality like in when offdays fall.

Though perhaps not easier than pulling the extra games out and putting them at the end of the year, trying to put those extra games in-season on shared offdays seems a better idea. When possible the games could be put where there are already set matchups between teams, but some scattered single-game series and even end-of-year thingies may also be necessary.