View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #20
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Getting ready to pull into Philly with a 59-37 record which is good enough for 2nd place 5 and a half games behind the Bahstan Pootbeans. The A's are two and a half games behind us in third so this series is a chance for them to make up some ground. Jack Powell, who started off the season 15-2 has now cooled down and is 17-7. Two of my other starters, Rube Waddell and Red Donahue, are pitching well but not getting much run support. The Rube is only 12-8 but he's leading the league in strikeouts. The boy is still a raw talent who needs more seasoning. Can't complain about my lineup. Even my moderately talented 3b is beginning to pull his weight at the plate. He's up to almost .250 now after spending much of the season around .200. Turkey Mike Donlin is back up to .349 and Jesse Burkett is just over .400.

As for the pennant race itself, we're still in it but can't seem to make up much ground on those Pootbeaners. We still have six games remaining with them so if we can somehow take 4 of 6 we might have a chance. Lots of double headers for us in September so it's gonna be rough. I just don't fancy our pennant chances right now looking at our schedule unless Bahstan goes into a major slump.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote