View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 12:19 PM   #18
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

The Halfway Point

Got a message from my owner, Jimmy "the Rat" Egan. He's ecstatic about the team's progress so far. Since his goal record wise for me this year was to not suck that's to be expected. Egan is a pretty miserable fellow most of the time. They don't call him the Rat for nothing but he does leave me alone and let me run the club and he hasn't pinched pennies in the financial department. Those are all I can really ask from an owner.

My assistant GM, Richard "Dink" Conway, is a crony of Egan's who was forced upon me when I took the job. He's basically there to be Egan's eyes and ears but that's okay by me as long as he completes the tasks I assign him to my satisfaction. So far, so good. Manager Hugh Duffy has done a good job so far in game management even if I did have to take the lineup selection away from him for not playing Johnny Evers enough. Bench coach Big Tim Harrington is another crony of Egan's whose our owner's eyes and ears in the dugout and clubhouse. Pitching coach Buster Wertman and hitting coach Fred "Killer" Burke are Duffy's hires and presumably loyal to him. Can't complain about the jobs Wertman and Burke have done this season especially the job Wertman has done with Jack Powell.

Anyway, the team is now 43-23 and second in the AL, two games behind those Bahstan Pootbeaners. We're heading east for thirteen games. The train is waiting.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote