View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 09:57 AM   #16
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Sportsman's Park is Now a Fortress

The Browns are 15-5 at Sportsman's Park. Since getting off that 24 game road trip they've been 8-3. Split a 4 game series with 1st place Bahstan. Won the opener by scoring 5 runs in the bottom of the 9th to send Jack Powell to 9-0. Got whacked 8-0 in game 2 but a strong mound effort from Red Donahue gave the Browns game 3 and a chance to win the series against the Pootbeans. Alas, it was not to be, as Cy Young outdueled Rube Waddell to salvage a series split for the Pootbeans.

Next up was the Senators. The boys from the nation's capitol won the opener and foiled Jack Powell's efforts to go 10-0 but the Browns took the final three games of the series allowing only three runs in three games. Next up were the Orioles of Baltimore. After a horrid start the Birdies had been playing decent ball lately so this one had me a little worried. I should have had more faith in the Browns as they swept the O's on out of town, outscoring them by a total of 28-3 in the three games.

A potential worry spot also emerged when our backup 2b Dick Padden, who's barely hitting over .200, and lost his starting position to rookie Johnny Evers, called out RF Davy Jones, who's hitting over .300, in the press for not giving it his all. I'm going to have to read that punk the Riot Act. You wanna call somebody out in the media, have your ducks in order or you're going to the waiver wire and can be Detroit's problem.

Anyway, the Browns are now 28-16 and in third place a game and a half behind the first place Athletics who are next on the schedule. Hopefully, the friendly confines of Sportsman's Park will continue to work towards the Browns' advantage. We need all the help we can get against the A's as they beat us three out of four in Philly.

Last edited by Buster Cherry; 09-11-2019 at 03:53 PM.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote