View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 10:37 AM   #7
Buster Cherry
Minors (Triple A)

Sorry I'm late but I had to retool things a bit because the AI didn't give out full rosters to AL teams. Anyway, I still ended up signing Rube Waddell as a free agent along with a promising young 2B named Johnny Evers and a hard-hitting OF named Turkey Mike Donlin who will play 1B on the Browns. Jesse Burkett and Bobby Wallace also jumped leagues from the cross-town Cardinals. No Joe McGinnity in the rotation though but I can always make a trade later. Tommy Leach also remained with the Pirates due to a last minute intercession by Honus Wagner.

In the season opener, Rube Waddell took the hill against Cleveland and their fine young pitcher named Addie Joss. The game was no contest as the Browns won 9-3. Waddell gave up 9 hits in addition to the three runs but he also struck out 11 Clevelanders. We knocked Joss out in the sixth inning. My DP combo of Johnny Evers and Bobby Wallace did the most damage with three hits apiece. Davy Jones and Jesse Burkett each had two hits. My big guns did their jobs. No errors in the field either which was somewhat of a rarity for the times.

In the future, I'll give weekly or monthly updates.

Last edited by Buster Cherry; 08-26-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Buster Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote