View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #10
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
Edit: the more I think about your post the more I think I understand the dilemma. So it basically comes down to accepting a lot of players early or a lot late for 74-75? Would it be possible to code a randomness to the underage players for just this period? for example, 50 of players underage in 1974 go into draft and 50% wait until 75? I'm totally fine with the variability. What's the point of replaying history if it's all going to be the same, right?
That's the gist of the problem, yeah. I've been trying to think of a way to find a simple hack like that to get around the existing restrictions, but the point it usually fails on is the way the game handles rights for players made ineligible for the draft; it won't do much good if I exclude some underagers from the draft but they get turned into free agents anyhow. I think I'm going to try experimenting with a shortened 1974 draft and see how that works - looking at some test drafts, I see a lot of the real 1975 early first-rounders (Barry Dean, Rick Lapointe, Bryan Maxwell, etc.) going right around the end of the 5th or early in the 6th in 1974, so 5 rounds in 1974 might be the magic number to get a realistic 1975 draft pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEWHistory View Post
I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it Jeff, but Trottier hasn't appeared in either of the 1974 drafts I've simmed. In the first sim he didn't appear in '75 either. G. and D. Trotter are already in the league, but the other Trots is MIA.
Uh-oh, I see what's wrong, it looks like the bottom end of the age range in 1974 isn't set correctly. So Trottier's too young for both 1974 and 1975 and won't get drafted until 76. I'll get that fixed - kind of ironic that one of the biggest reasons for the whole 74/75 problem isn't even going in 74 like he's supposed to be. But at least the fix will add more guys to 74 and that'll help 75 (although 76 is going to get weakened now.)
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote