View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 10:14 PM   #5
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Sometimes we too need some time away or are busy working on other things (like FHM3). You've been noted and Jeff is going to reply, but he's quite busy at the moment, so as I'm sure he'll leave a more detailed message here later, but I believe this is the issue:

You are in a poor year for Draft classes.

FHM2's historical draft classes don't have as many players eligible as there was back then for one simple reason: There is too many poor players that got drafted and never made it to the NHL. Rather than have you waste time on a bunch of players whose stats are 1 or 2 stars (or below), the historical drafts focus on players who played at least 1 game in the NHL. The issue simply is in your particular draft year there just wasn't than many NHL players. Keep going, and you should notice an increased draft year the next.
If you look at my posting history you will see that I have been unreservedly enthusiastic and supportive of the designers and game. Moreover, I didn't expect anything even close to an immediate reply. I waited 2 1/2 days! So telling me that other people are busy is a nasty little bit of a reply, isn't it? I am busy as well and there are other things I can spend my time doing. I would also note that what you are essentially suggesting is that I should spend MY time running through the seasons the see if there is a problem. In essence, I will be performing a service AGAIN but I am a bother to reply to. Let me suggest that this is an unwise policy to adopt for the people who are not only not being paid but are themselves paying.

As for the suggestion to continue, it may well even out, but this sounds like I should just accept what is clearly a major game flaw. And yes, I have considered SIMing it out to experiment and reporting the results. But then again, that would be experimenting and trying to fix the game on my time again, right? I already did this for MANY hours on the first FHM while publicly defending the game makers against anyone who complained.

In re to the problem, 39 players, none of which have a potential greater than 2.5 stars, is much of a draft class. This shows that there is something amiss with the way the game is calculating who appears. In retrospect it is readily apparent to me that the players in the second years draft class moved up a year; this isn't just that this draft didn't have that many NHL players. Something similar happened in the first FHM. It was resolvable by changing a setting, but that option doesn't seem to be available any longer. The problem is that if the bug still exists without the old solution then the game has a serious problem. So I am sorry to have bothered you with a potential bug, but you have convinced me not to waste my time taking the side of the developers any longer.

Last edited by AEWHistory; 07-17-2016 at 10:29 PM.
AEWHistory is offline   Reply With Quote