View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #14
goroyals
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cras View Post
That I do not, but I also didnt even try. And I suspect that you couldn't, if you wanted. I shut the Western league down and actually moved the teams that survived into the new American League. And when adding a world series, when looking at the league history screen, I no longer see the NL champions prior to the 'merger', but they are still there. I still see the link to each of those year's history pages, the championships still count, the W-Ls are still there for teams.

If you are actually thinking of merging two leagues...then you might just want to deal with League Associations, and not go the sub-league route. For me, league associations make no sense. Not at the major league level. At the minor leagues sure, but not the major leagues, but sadly, they can only be used for major leagues.
That's what I figured. If I were trying to emulate real history I'd probably deal with the shortcomings and go from unaffiliated to associated to sub-leagues.

You're right, associations and the movement of teams from one league to another and league histories could definitely use some refinement. Maybe a "Merge this League" function would be useful. Click a button, select a destination league from a pulldown tab, and ta-da, you're league becomes a sub-league of a different league. Players, teams, and histories intact. The only trouble might be getting the league history index and the record book to work right.
goroyals is offline   Reply With Quote