View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #50
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves View Post
I agree and like the reference to steroids. Though the steroid era was entertaining it was still considered cheating.

I have a real good team, but when I go to the playoffs there is always a team or two with a rotation of high end perfects such as Maddux, Cy Young, Schilling, Walter Johnson and there are some other steroid pitchers.

I don't mind high end performers, but these drugged up players do hurt the semi-realism OOTP was supposed to represent.
Kind of interesting. In one sense it would be interesting to have McGwire & Sosa from there 65+ HR seasons in the game with off the charts power rating, you know, perform just as they did. And for the most part because of the way the leagues are formatted there are few performances that are WAY outside what you usually see...And then again most of the PEAK cards are vast improvements over the same players' other cards. It would kind of be interesting to have the old deadball hitters just as they were too, maybe hitting .370 but less than 10 HR.

I guess I'm commenting on the difference between importing raw stats and letting those dictate the ratings & adjusting ratings for eras, etc.

Canseco was looking to perform at another level & the PEAK cards are a lot like that.

Bud Selig immediately wanted to clean the game up & was reminded that the game was more popular than ever...

Decisions, decisions

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote