View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 06:15 PM   #6
scootermojo
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
Leagues you put to non-playable do not play.
With all due respect, that is simply not true. Just for a test to see just in case I missed something I started a modern game. As the attached images show, you can see I clearly only have the NHL and AHL as playable and all other leagues as unplayable. However, I simmed to Jan. 1st and when I click on the world link and then click on another league you can see that the game is still very clearly simulating all of those other leagues in the background. The only difference is that I can partake in the NHL and AHL but not the other leagues.

So, yeah, the leagues you do not select are still playing....you are only checking the option to personally partake in those leagues...as opposed to having them not play at all and not exist. And this is what's eating up sim time and it's exampled as you illustrated: 3 minutes for a fictional NHL/AHL setup.....13 minutes for a modern mode with only the NHL/AHL selected. Why the additional 10 minutes? Because all of the other leagues are still playing in the background even if you select them not to.

Granted, the league's aren't producing team standings, team stats, etc...but the game is still producing individual stats for all of those "unplayable" leagues. I'm no computer expert but I imagine the 10 minute difference between a fictional NHL/AHL only and a modern NHL/AHL only with all other leagues set as "unplayable" is because of leagues such as Serbian Hockey League (which I clearly don't have selected as playable) still producing individual statistics......whereas in the fictional NHL/AHL setup you are only literally getting 2 leagues and that's it. That's what I'm saying the difference is....when I play OOTP and select MLB only....there isn't the Dutch baseball league generating stats in the background...it's MLB and MLB only. Why can't this be the same for FHM in that if I select NHL/AHL only I get just that without anything else silently running in the background like Elite Ice Hockey League of which I have no interest in?
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
scootermojo is offline   Reply With Quote