View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 11:05 AM   #109
Hank1974
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damianhucker1 View Post
Ive been playing an online boxing manager game lately called rooq boxing (check it out if you havent already)
Anyway it got me back to thinking about title bout when we eventually get a manager mode.
My suggestion/ wish is to see belts get a reputation percentage, and for boxers to also have a reputation (maybe in replacement of draw) it will add levels of prestige to some belts and also make clear which are not so important, and the boxers reputation would then lead to them turning down a fight for a title they consider below them, such as a world class boxer not boxing for the southern england area title.

Also in addition it would be good if there was a dropdown to state which areas boxers can fight for that belt, ie World (ie ALL) , continental (ie Europe, North America etc) National (ie British, USA, Brazillian etc etc) and regional (ie southern England, welsh, Florida etc etc) and we should be able to select upto 5 options so that certain belts such as asia pacific or Intercontintal or whatever can exist too.

I wish for what is basically a mix of Title bout, rooq, football manager and WMMA4, im not an mma fan but i play wmma4 simply because its whats missing from boxing.
I just checked out what WMMA4 was all about, and holy crap does that game have features!
I would love a boxing game as deep as that.

On a side note, wasn't there an earlier version of TBCB that had a managers mode?
I could have sworn I played a demo of a boxing sim nearly 10 years (or more) ago where you started as a lowly trainer/manager and had to find unsigned talent to train.
All the attributes were static so you had to do what you could, with what you had.
If you managed to steer some of these fighters to success, more talented boxers would be inclined to sign with you.

Am I losing my mind or did something like that actually exist. I'm convinced I had played the demo.
But it appears that game went under.
I do know that the creators of that game offered a hand in helping with the career mode in EA's Fight Night series.
Sadly, they were turned down.
Hank1974 is offline   Reply With Quote