View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #61
Calamander
Bat Boy

Just a few notes regarding starting a season with the PEI Rocket(now Charlottetown Islanders) in the Mac Version.

1. I cannot view the full screen but I think this an issue with the entire Mac edition. This is especially noticeable with the tactics screen. It probably explains as well why I can't dress/scratch players and add/remove them from the trade block.

2. Seems to be an abundance of Americans in the Q Draft, many highly rated and with Canadians interspersed. I'm sure the rankings are based on ability/potential but probably not so realistic in terms of player commitment to Q teams.

3. Many players in the NHL Draft ranking list and the list when you go to draft players have names that have symbols for letters. I think there is a complication with some Scandinavian accents on letters.

4. I can't seem to draft players at the draft. I can sort them and see their personal information but can't select them as a pick. Same goes for the Import Draft.

5. Again, the dimensions of players seems extreme with many players in the 6-2/6-6 range for height with 210-260 weight. Many player taken in the Q draft yesterday were in the 5-7/6-2 range with weight anywhere from 160-200.

6. Free Agents seem to have no rhyme or reason coming from every country thinkable. Realistically most of these players should be lower level castoffs who are borderline CHL players/cut players from the two other Jr. Leagues or unprotected American players.

7. Players are automatically assigned to the trade block and I can't remove them or add players to the block.

8 .All my Scouts are 51 years of age and unable to assign to a scouting task.

9. Charlottetown Islanders now have a new ownership group and not Serge Savard. They also have a new GM, Grant Sonier.

Anyway, just a few things I have noticed about my Beta version. Perhaps some of the things have or will be addressed, I just thought I'd share a few observations.