Thread: *Waiver Primer*
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2004, 12:22 PM   #32
jmm8356
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroFalkon
Hey all, I read the primer, but I'm a dirty n00b, so I still have a couple questions.

Okay, first, I don't understand about releasing them through waivers first. Let's say I want to release a player. It asks if I want to put him on waivers and give him a conditional release, or just release him immediately. The thing is I once said yes to that, but even after he cleared waivers, he wasn't released. I dragged him to the release box again and it just gave me the same question.

Second, I don't understand what's going on at all with the "Designate for Assignment" thing. Sporr, if you've ever got the time, you should put that on your primer.

Anyway, can anyone explain to me about what that means?
For now, waivers aren't really required to release a player... it's more like they're recommended. It's a courtesy to (a) let the other teams know that he's available and (b) give the player a chance to catch on elsewhere before you put him on the street. Once he clears waivers, there's no reason you can't release him immediately (guilt-free! ) by saying "No, do it now!"

As for Designated For Assignment, you should check out the DFA FAQ... I think it's pretty informative!
jmm8356 is offline   Reply With Quote