View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 11:55 AM   #4
actionjackson
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyprof View Post
I'll take the Senators or the Brewers please.

A lot of work, but satisfying. What team are you thinking of managing?

Oh, and...Al Kaline AFTER Honus Wagner? Where is David Watts, he must have something to say about this (Kaline hit .290 with 20 homers in 1949 in my RD league that I am late in posting news about).
You're not kidding about the Brewers. One of the pitfalls of doing the draft this way is that there are some players who are rated faaar higher than they should be (19th century pitchers are by and large beasts, but I'll take 'em in order to get 19th century position players), and the Brewers snagged two of them in the late rounds. They were down because their RL numbers were kind of meh, but OOTP doesn't seem to care. The two that they snagged were both 5-star left handed SP! Toad Ramsey (14th rounder) and Phil Knell (41st rounder). Along with lefty Preacher Roe in the 3rd round, it makes their rotation formidably beastly. And all of them are are still arb eligible (Ramsey is 23, Knell is 28, and Roe is 32), so they could put together a bit of a magic run to start things off. St. Louis Browns fans (where the team will be re-locating in 1902) could have a lot to cheer for in the coming years, as weird as that sounds given the history of the real life Browns.

Remember italyprof, as weird as it sounds I never take over a team. I'm the Commissioner/God/Official Historian/Roving (or is that Raving?) Fan of my league. I watched the Chicago White Sox take down the Brewers and Ramsey on Opening Day 8-6. Since then, the Brewers have outscored their opponents 34-13 in going 5-1. Yeah, they look kind of good. They were predicted to win 105 games for cryin' out loud. Sheesh! What have I done?

Last edited by actionjackson; 05-08-2018 at 12:06 PM.
actionjackson is offline   Reply With Quote