View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 04:44 PM   #242
AEWHistory
Minors (Double A)

So I've been playing some more and I've been thinking of some other ideas. I doubt that any of these make FHM3 given that it is late in the game here, but I wanted to put these out there for the future:

1- historical mode player development: now that Adam explained to me that you can develop players by leaving them unsigned I realize now that a farm system is actually needed in history mode. Computer controlled teams almost always sign their best prospects, but then they leave many in reserve to develop SLOWLY whereas a human controlled team can leave them unsigned and get a small bump in development and happiness. If it were possible, I'd like to see HM have a basic farm system to help with this. I don't care about the system being historically accurate! It just needs to exist so players can develop properly. Otherwise the player development system is going to waste....

2. Player development- as someone else has mentioned, the FHM player development needs a bit of a tweak. The more I play this system the more I like it, but the moment you see your player lose a step you almost always know it is the beginning of the end. This allows the human to trade a declining star away for maximum value. I'd like to see a bit more variation. Do others find this as well? My one concern here is that once I get what I am asking for I won't like it either, but I'm trying to give honest feedback.

3. GM controls- this is a big one. I'd like to see the OPTION for more GM controls, at least in single player mode. For example, it would be nice to be able to veto stupid trades (eg- flyers send Clarke to penguins for a third line defenseman!) or be able even make a few to help the game along. Right now you can move people by simply changing the team they are on, but it would be nice if the game registered the movements, trades, etc. For me, I want my competition to he hard or it isn't fun.

4. Setting different franchise spending limits.... Put this under GM controls perhaps, but I peg my spending limits to within two rankings of my ranking in the attendance standings. Since the Scouts/Rockies usually are around 17th in attendance that means I don't allow myself to spend more on players than the 15th ranked team, EVER. A poor team just isn't going to splurge when they can't fill the stadium. That's easy enough to do for myself, but it would be interesting to set spending limits for each franchise. This is just a little item of curiosity though and very low on my "wants" list.

5. List both winners and losers of Stanley cups. In the history screen I'd like to see a little more info, specifically I would like to see which team lost the cup each year. In fact, it would be really cool to have this info for every team. Right now it lists when you make the playoffs* and when you win the cup, but why not a bit more? Under cup, instead of an "X" put "Won", "Lost" or nothing. For playoffs put a marker for what round the team made it to.

6. Track player of the month awards for players. The more history tracked in the game the more "flavor" it has IMHO.

7. Track best team performers? I'm less sure of this as it can start to get crowded, but if, say, Mark Napier if you highest scorer for the year maybe he gets a little combo icon of the team icon with high scoring icon on his byline.

8. Points per game stat line- this should be easy to add methinks, but I'd like the PPG stat line added. I do it in my head now, and it is t a huge deal, but it'd be nice to have that available as a sortable stat.

Anyway, as I said, I assume these as really more for FHM4 or so than the near future, but maybe some will make it in the next version.

NOTE:
*- in regard to this history tracking screen, there is a small bug for the period of NHL history with the prelim round. For teams that get a bye into the first playoff round, it seems that if you lose in the first round of the playoffs, AFTER the prelim round, it marks you down of not having made the playoffs. This is incorrect!