View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #1
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

AL vs NL Offense comparison.

A few years back (OOTP12) I did a historical replay that began in 1906 and I made it to 1936 before the new version of the game came out and I moved on to something else. This league was played with recalc off and player development on, but with random talent change lowered significantly.

One of the things I noticed right away when playing this replay was that the National League always trailed the American League when it came to offense. Often the AL would have a batting champion hit .320-.360 when the NL would have it's leader hit .310 or lower. The leaderboard would often display guys in the .290's as only a few hitter were over .300. Needless to say, in the end most of the Hall of Fame players would end up being guys that played the majority of their careers in the AL.

A few months ago I started another similar replay using OOTP14. Once again recalc is off and development is on. This time I started in 1904 and used a draft(last time I left players on their original teams). Once again, I am seeing the AL rank superior in offense over the NL. Ty Cobb is in the NL this go around and he is always among the leaders in hitting, but more often than not he finishes the season somewhere between 290-300. Meanwhile, Home Run Baker and Tris Speaker in the AL are hitting .330 or higher. RBI's are also a AL dominant stat. With Home Run Baker driving in 120+ plus in 1909 and 10. 1910 seen 3 players in the AL drive in over 100. Meanwhile, it's been years since anyone in the NL has done so.

Just wondering if anyone else has witnessed this in their leagues. I may very well be a non recalc thing. I'm not complaining or saying this is a huge issue, I just find it interesting.
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote