View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #90
Gambo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
So here's another thing that has me puzzled. It has to do with how neutralized stats are created. If I look at Eddie Fisher in 1960, his neutralized stats are exactly the same as his real stats for that year. If I look at Don Choate, who had a fairly similar stat line for that year, the neutralized stats are quite different from his real ones. Also, his ratings are more reasonable -- perhaps a bit high but within a range that might have been true if he had pitched more that year. Anyway, I thought I understood how neutralization worked, but now I just more confused.

This same discrepancy between the two on the neutralized stats is exactly the same between the Gambo DB and the neutralized stats that come with the game's DB. I am also continuing to find that the latter DB produces significantly low ratings for Fisher than the Gambo DB, even though the stat line is identical.
The lower ratings from the game database is possibly simply becuase my database includes many more players such as the minor leaguers. Because ratings are subjective to those players around them the larger amount ofworse players in the pool would lead to "higher" ratings in my database

OOTP MODS:
Historical Face Gen Project, Spritze/Gambo Database, OOTP Stadium Chart and Ballpark Images, MLB Compiled Uniform & Logo Pack
available at...
http://www.ootpmods.com
Gambo is offline   Reply With Quote