Thread: The Dog Park
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 10:24 AM   #61
gemini615
All Star Reserve

Page 4 Recap...
Welcome to the Dog Park, the home of the Hiram College Terriers.
If you're new to my dynasty we're a F2P team and all acquisitions are made through pack openings. While being a pack only team can be frustrating at times, I was fortunate enough to make a few lucky card pulls when the team was in the entry pool. This has helped us to compete quite early as we've completed 6 seasons and already have 2 World Series wins. The only losing season was our very first one in the iron league.

There are 3 Terriers that have been consistently fantastic for us....

SP Chris Sale 99- Chris has been a beast. He already has 1 Cy Young award, 3 All Stars, 5 Gold Gloves, and threw a no hitter. He almost had a second no hitter, but a 66 minute rain delay forced him out of the game.
C Gabby Hartnett 90- Gabby's already accumulated 4 All Stars, 4 Gold Gloves, and 2 Silver Sluggers. Typically he bats clean up for the team.
3b Justin Turner 96- He's got 4 All Stars, 3 Silver Sluggers, and has 1 playoff MVP award.

Here's the updated Terriers roster at the halfway point of our first season in the Silver leagues....

Starters:

99 Chris Sale
85 Lance McCullers Jr
85 Zack Wheeler
81 Charlie Morton
79 Ernie Broglio

Bullpen:

84 Dave Righetti
79 Mychal Givens
78 Jimmy Sherfy
76 Seranthony Dominguez
76 Tanner Scott
74 Mark Melancon
72 Andrew Vazquez

Lineup:

C 90 Gabby Hartnett
1b 69 Wes Parker
2b 84 Sal Bando
3b 96 Justin Turner
SS 66 Luis Aparicio
LF 68 Jo Jo Moore
CF 68 Ichiro Suzuki
RF 66 Alex Johnson
DH 69 Rod Carew

Bench:

C 70 Thurman Munson
2b 69 Eddie Mayo (platooning at first)
2b 59 Ildemaro Vargas (utility IF)
RF 72 Max Kepler

Currently we're the worst team in the league and unless things turn around quickly, we're going straight back to bronze with our tails tucked between our legs. I'm actually quite shocked and embarrassed by how unprepared the team was for silver league play. That's on me.

Last edited by gemini615; 05-23-2019 at 04:33 PM.
gemini615 is offline   Reply With Quote