Thread: United Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #34
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garethw87 View Post
Archi the EPL budgets seem too high? I start unemployed went to Telford and I had around $300k for free agents!
I haven't set the team budgets yet. I want to get the salary ranges correct first. Last week I asked Jeff to adjust the salary ranges for the EIHL and EPL - hopefully this will feature in this week's DB update.

You won't really notice any difference in the UK with this week's DB update (other than hopefully incorporating the adjusted salary ranges). I'm in the process of updating the NIHL-1 rosters and re-rating all of the players. I don't want to give any time estimates, but it shouldn't be too long (I work on it in Excel and then copy across the numbers into the FHM Editor).

I might make some additional tweaks to a small number of players in the EIHL and EPL for next week's DB update. However, I'm very reluctant to make any further adjustments because the scoring levels are far too low at the moment. I'm hoping the devs will have time to add the correct scoring levels once they've finished stamping out the recent deluge of bugs. I don't know what effect the increased scoring levels will have on the players and teams - e.g. will this increase the gap between the best and worse players/teams? For this reason, I think it best I hold off making any further adjustments to the TAs of the EIHL and EPL players (but I'll continue adding new sets of attributes as the devs' guidance becomes available).

Hence I'm just going to continue working on getting the NIHL-1 up to date in the mean time. I don't see any real use in testing the EIHL and EPL players' and teams' performances in game until scoring (and PIM) levels are set at realistic level.