Thread: United Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 AM   #30
archibalduk
All Star Starter

I didn't think EHM did a particularly good job with attendances. Although some EIHL ones were fine, I seem to recall the EPL ones in particular being somewhat out. It was a real pain to try and correct them in the DB because the game wouldn't correctly follow what you entered into the DB. So it was a task of trial and error in trying to increase/decrease your figure in the DB to try and get a decent average in game.

EHM's averages will be based on 2006 data. I think it's best to use the 2010 data I listed above as it'll be more up to date. In any event, I can compile data from match reports for several of the teams. If I see a general trend of increased attendances then I'll increase the averages for those teams I don't have data for by a similar percentage. I was just hoping somebody may have known of a site where it was nicely laid out rather than me having to start counting attendances!

P.s. Regarding Dundee - I think their rink will be okay this season. Sounds like the council are willing to write off the debt. It'll be interesting to see what the long term future of the rink will be and whether this will affect the viability of the team. It would be difficult to imagine such a reasonably modern arena being closed down. But then stranger things have happened (E.g. HMV's administration)...