View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 06:10 AM   #33
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

A few things to point out (game and non-game) about this:

1. The Reds and Astros are tied, when in reality, the Astros were 1/2 game back at the strike. The worst part about this? If they end in an actual tie, the Astros win the Central

2. Man...how I wish my mother and aunt never threw out my old Baseball Weekly's and Sporting News editions I had from 1992-1997 (when I was 9-15) after my grandmother died in 2005. The rosters/minors I could've been able to provide the actual settings.

3. Back to the game...this is a nice barebones start. Honestly, everyone complaining about the minors missing: start from 1994 or don't play it all! It is nice that the team actually built this quickstart roster for us. Thank them, don't throw a fit!

4. Hopefully, this could lead to the roster makers to build the minor system for this.

5. The only thing I dislike is scouting/financials disabled. I started playing as the Reds and found all I had to do to fill my reserve roster (signing Hubie Brooks and Jack Morris) was click "sign". I should've enabled these before playing (oops).

6. Playoffs: I think LGO had the original matchups for the LDS that year, and what division was supposed to host the LCS. I cannot remember if the same format in 1995 was supposed to be in 1994? (ALE vs. ALC, ALW vs. ALWC, NLE vs. NLWC, NLC vs. NLW). IIRC, one of the two was actually shuffled because the wild card came from the same division as the champion, AL perhaps?

Gameplay:

I made it to Roster expansion and seen some interesting trades: Cardinals trade Brian Jordan and John Mabry to Texas. The Brewers offered me Mike Fetters for Willie Greene straight up (remembering how Fetters was a good CL from 94-96 and what Greene panned out to be made this move wise).

The division/wild card leaders for me at Roster Expansion:
AL - Yankees, Indians, Angels/Rangers (tied at 60-75), Orioles (White Sox 2 GB, Royals 6 GB)
NL - Expos, Reds, Dodgers, Braves/Astros (tied, Mets only other team at .500 in NL)
Gwynn is hitting .384
Matt Williams leads MLB with 48 HR
Maddux has a sub 1.50 ERA
Jimmy Key has 20 wins

Last edited by nutt; 08-25-2014 at 06:11 AM.
nutt is offline   Reply With Quote