View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #31
BradC
All Star Starter

Ack, something else just occurred to me: Since there are no minor leagues, if I follow Ceej's list and edit the players accordingly, some teams will be severely short-handed. How do I handle that?

I hate to say, "Ah, I'll sim it the way it is," since it will throw off the realism of the sim if, for example, Frank Viola is available to the Red Sox. Sure, he was reaching the end of his career, but obviously the Red Sox' fortunes would have been a little better with him in the rotation vs. a call-up. And then that could impact teams the Red Sox were due to play, and so on. Multiply that by all the other guys who are in this Quick Start as healthy but who should be unavailable and you could have some deviations from what was expected to happen.

Or am I overthinking this?

BTW, this is also going to be used with a guy who is writing a book about the 1994 season. He approached us about simming the rest of the season in the game for his book, and that's what got Markus to create this. So it would be nice to have something as realistic as possible when the time comes for me to sim the rest of the season a certain number of times for him.

Last edited by BradC; 08-24-2014 at 08:24 PM.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote