View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 08:34 PM   #226
tzussu
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yazfan67 View Post
Happy Friday everyone. I jump on this thread every few weeks, just to see what's there. Like a lot of other social media (FB, Instagram, etc.) there's a lot of impatient people but those are the times. Harken back to the days of having no access to any information about a game. I used to try to scour the internet back in the day looking for a cool game. Now we just expect to see something new and/or informative as soon as we jump on.
I am a beta-tester for the baseball side but had an epiphany this summer after open-heart surgery at 54. Patience. Don't be in such a rush to get the newest or latest. If what you want isn't there but a decent facsimile is, get that. Enough of this BS back and forth. I remember having to wait in the mail for a Lance Haffner football game that I had ordered or checking the back pages of the Sporting News to see if there was a neat new game or when the new Strat-O-Matic cards were coming out.
Let's just relax and when we get some new information, be happy that it isn't dead, or that at least, you aren't.
Ha! Yazfan - you reminded me of when Johnnie Lemaster got traded from the NL to the AL then back to the NL before half our league even knew about it (especially the guy who wanted to dump him but blew his chance!!!). It was definitely the 'Lack of Information Age'.And getting those strat cards via snail mail was better than Christmas day when they arrived. Thanks for your perspective (as other notables have already thanked you for).