View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 04:49 PM   #1
allenciox
All Star Reserve

Top 10 reasons why you SHOULD be playing LIVE! tournaments

In the spirit of the old David Letterman top 10 lists, here goes:

10. Realism: Ok, in general, there is no way for most of these historical players to be able to play in a tournament --- they are DEAD! But it actually is theoretically possible for you to put together a team of great live players and play another team of great live players ---- in real life that could happen (and does, once a year).

9. Variety! There, I said it. The favorite tournament type, going by the number that are played, is bronze. But enter a bronze tournament, and the teams seem to be carbon copies of each other. Enter a live tourney of any flavor (open, silver, gold) and every team is different.

8. Cap tournaments that actually work! You know how every team you go up against in a cap tourney has Cy Young and Walter Johnson? They won't have them in live CAP tournies. In fact, the perfect live pitchers aren't much better than the diamond or even gold LIVE pitchers. My LIVE 1625 cap team doesn't feature any pitchers over gold level. And it is still competitive.

7. Winnable. Nobody has figured out a "meta" strategy yet that carries them through LIVE tournies. I have seen successful open live teams that don't contain a single perfect player. (hint: LIVE 75 Andrelton Simmons is almost as good as perfect Lindor). You can put together really competitive teams easily.

6. Pay homage to your favorite team. Put together a team of players composed largely of players on your favorite team. See how they do.

5. Your team can be composed of spare parts. You know how every pack you open has four or five live players in it? Likely your "inactive players" are 90% live. See what you can do with the parts you already have: how good a team can you put together without buying anything?

4. It's dirt cheap. Ok, you decide you want to really liven up your LIVE team and buy some off the AH. Well, guess what? You can get just about any player you want for little more than quick-sell value. And later on, if you want to try something else, or move away from LIVE tournies, guess what? You can quick-sell the players for very little net PP loss.

3.. Home run derbies. You know how so many of the historical teams are all about contact? Where's the long ball? Well, guarantee those games that feature players in this new "home run era" will hit some out of the park for you.

2. Collections. Put together a good LIVE team and you will find that there are some collections that give very nice rewards. Cash in some of those.

1. So that I have someone to play against and we can fill up some of these daily LIVE tournies. I mean... really... my Weston Pointe Caspers are specializing in all kinds of live tournaments, but often have to wait for them to fill up. Join us and let's have some fun!

Last edited by allenciox; 12-01-2019 at 04:51 PM.
allenciox is offline   Reply With Quote