View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 10:48 PM   #43
Cobra Mgr
Hall Of Famer

Thoughts......

......Saban is as great a winner as there is in college football. He's also as big of a sore loser as anyone in NCAA football. He can't give anyone credit when he gets beat. And he presented as ludicrous a notion that you can come up with that a ref should allow you extra consideration when the opposition fools you...........

........I know it won't happen, but I hope next season UNC has a new offensive play caller in 2020.......

........What is baffling about OSU's dominance over Michigan is the fact that the Wolverines defensive staff have no clue how to stop the Buckeyes O. Last 2 games, they have given up 118 pts. In their last 2 basketball games, UM has given up 111. That's perspective. OSU has only scored 108 vs Rutgers.........

.....Glad the Gophers didn't build an indoor stadium. Football in Minnesota after Thnx should be played in the snow........

......If Army beats Navy in 2 weeks, will this be the 1st time all 3 service academies were bowl eligible?.........

Edit: Oh yeah, Dabo was wrong that the committee doesn't want Clemson in. But he is right that the criteria for the final 4 isn't consistent. Remember when everyone was upset that computers in the bcs used scoring margin in their calculations? So they made them cap the margin consideration @ 21? Well, why did Clemson start @ #1 and end up @ #5 at one point? Cause they weren't beating opponents badly enough. But now that they are, it has done nothing to change the narrative. If they lost to S.Car they would have been knocked out of consideration, but UGa losing to them would have been virtually ignored. ESPN & the powers-that-be will continue to act like the system works. But it "works" no better than any other system to decide a champion that has been utilized up to this point. This is still not a championship. It is still a beauty contest. The title is not really earned.
4 all my future crimes.

- Prince
Batdance
June 7, 1958 - Apr 21, 2016

Last edited by Cobra Mgr; 11-30-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Cobra Mgr is offline   Reply With Quote