Thread: Start Date
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikgianino View Post
Why not make the first season of your customized game start in June?
I did my first custom league this past weekend and I'm still checking if everything I did like creating the logos and stuff are working fine but if something is wrong I need to do everything again because I can't change anything because the league started in middle august.

Example: When I was creating the league I had to select the trade deadline, since I had no idea of when the season starts I selected February 22. Now once I'm playing the first season the game started in August, the regular season ends on Feburary 4 and the trade deadline is during the playoffs but I can't change it because the game started after July 1.

I think the first season must start before July 1 so players can edit everything before the actual game starts not after a long first season because that tires you up before starting playing.
You can't start in June because then you're essentially creating an old database to just renew it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprague View Post
That’s not a good response.
The company prizes customization...but the answer is this is the database and we won’t push the year start date ahead by a month so it can you know be customizable.
I’m surprised yet not surprised at the same time
I'm sorry sprague, there's nothing wrong with the response. You asked why is the database only editable one day a year, and I gave you the answer. You don't have to be happy about it, but that doesn't mean it's not correct.

That being said, I know we're looking at making some changes, but any time you change something it requires a lot of testing because you don't know what else it could or will change.

Last edited by Adam B; 08-30-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote